DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2017 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

A beauty:

20qdkwl.jpg

The lights suddenly go out during Taker/Roman. When they come back on, Taker and Roman are laid out, as the Hardyz and Senor Benjamin stand over their broken bodies. Reby and King Maxel are sitting at a piano at the top of the stage, playing them off as WM gets DELETED!!!

• Like 1

It still annoys me I never got the Hasbro ring, yet have a bunch of the figures.  I would love to buy one now, but of course they run a couple hundred bucks.  Still have the Royal Rumble ring at my mom's though and that was pretty fun.

And wait a sec, they had cereal back then?  I oddly don't remember this, but sure wish I tried some.  Granted, it's likely some generic cereal with WWF stuff.  But I'd still eat it while watching Saturday morning rasslin'.

36 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

It still annoys me I never got the Hasbro ring, yet have a bunch of the figures.  I would love to buy one now, but of course they run a couple hundred bucks.  Still have the Royal Rumble ring at my mom's though and that was pretty fun.

And wait a sec, they had cereal back then?  I oddly don't remember this, but sure wish I tried some.  Granted, it's likely some generic cereal with WWF stuff.  But I'd still eat it while watching Saturday morning rasslin'.

The cereal was, if I'm not mistaken, one of the reasons Shawn had thoughts about leaving. LOD got paid way more than he and Marty. Which made Jannetty go to Vince, telling him they were walking, Shawn found out and was pissed. Which lead to the Rockers breakup. 

I could be mixing stories, but I think that some of that is true. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

The cereal was, if I'm not mistaken, one of the reasons Shawn had thoughts about leaving. LOD got paid way more than he and Marty. Which made Jannetty go to Vince, telling him they were walking, Shawn found out and was pissed. Which lead to the Rockers breakup. 

I could be mixing stories, but I think that some of that is true. 

On a shoot interview, Marty said found he and Shawn found out LOD and others got paid more than the Rockers, so they (both) asked for a meeting with Vince and let it be known that they were planning to quit.  It was supposed to be a tactic.  Shawn and Marty thought Vince would want to keep them, and would come to the meeting and negotiate a better contract for the Rockers.  What happened instead is that Vince no-showed the meeting and sent someone to tell the guys they were fired.  Somehow, that led to the on-screen split and Shawn's singles push.

That's Janetty's story, anyway.  He was mostly incoherent in the shoot, so I'm kinda wondering how much of what he said is completely accurate.

2 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I know Vince had a thing about Flair wearing suits during his first run, but it's really weird to see him wearing the robe over dress clothes. 

Considering that he had a thing about showing up in the robe only.... I think they were probably he had it on over his suit (and not his birthday one).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Natural - I love you but you didn't have to repost them

I moved the original posts to the merch thread

I meant to post them here but noticed I put them in the merch thread by mistake. Thanks for fixing it.