DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2017 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

18 hours ago, zev said:

If anyone ever compiles a list of reasons to dislike Dunn, that one needs to be on the first page.

Someone please do because I know i'm not the only one who understands a little bit of the hate but not enough to explain the rest that persists on this board. 

Feel free to make corrections if I've got anything wrong here:

Sting loses to HHH, after that walk-in (as opposed to run in) filled match and then has to shake his hand.

Bray Wyatt loses to Taker, thus not becoming a made man/top heel.

Bryan fails to prove he's healthy enough for long term competition via doing headbutts and ladder spots.

Rollins vs. Orton was on the card.

And oh yes, that Lesnar-Reigns match that had no clean finish. Who was the World Champion at the end of the night? The guy that lost his match a few hours earlier.

Now, granted the pre-show had a solid tag match and Mizdow finally turned on Miz, Rusev had a Tank, Steph showed heel comeuppance for a few seconds, and the (non-title) women's match was ok.

But how exactly was WrestleMania 31 great?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zev said:

Sting loses to HHH, after that walk-in (as opposed to run in) filled match and then has to shake his hand.

Bryan fails to prove he's healthy enough for long term competition via doing headbutts and ladder spots.

And oh yes, that Lesnar-Reigns match that had no clean finish. Who was the World Champion at the end of the night? The guy that lost his match a few hours earlier.

Now, granted the pre-show had a solid tag match and Mizdow finally turned on Miz, Rusev had a Tank, Steph showed heel comeuppance for a few seconds, and the (non-title) women's match was ok.

Less so the booking, more the match quality being surprisingly pretty great. Last year we got crappy booking AND shitty matches. This year ain't exactly looking promising.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zev said:

They had good weather? I got nothing.

16 minutes ago, Infinit said:

WWE really fucked up not having Roman go over Brock at 31. Give the babyface a memorable win. Seth could've cashed in when Brock got his rematch instead.

Miraculously, they had turned the crowd on the weight of their performances. It's hard to fault WWE for thinking that an impossibility though. Frankly, it still would have worked if Roman had won clean by June or so and then survived Brock (who never really lost) at Summerslam.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

Sez you.

-RAF

Yes. Says me

TN : p

19 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Less so the booking, more the match quality being surprisingly pretty great. Last year we got crappy booking AND shitty matches. This year ain't exactly looking promising.

This.

17 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I had a good taste in my mouth after the show, but that was mostly because of an awesome main event that vastly exceeded expectations. 

This.

Show had a great opener and closer. Main event has a claim to be the best ever WrestleMania main event. I also liked Orton vs. Rollins.

17 hours ago, Infinit said:

WWE really fucked up not having Roman go over Brock at 31. Give the babyface a memorable win. Seth could've cashed in when Brock got his rematch instead.

17 hours ago, Matt D said:

Miraculously, they had turned the crowd on the weight of their performances. It's hard to fault WWE for thinking that an impossibility though. Frankly, it still would have worked if Roman had won clean by June or so and then survived Brock (who never really lost) at Summerslam.

These.

5 minutes ago, cool arrow said:

Am I the only one who's totally uninterested in Mania apart from Neville-Aries?

Matches I want to see: the above, Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky is my most wanted, Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens, AJ Styles vs. Shane McMahon to see what Styles can get out of Shane o Mac and Roman Reigns vs. Undertaker for crowd going at Roman.