DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2017 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

7 minutes ago, Matt D said:

How did Buddy Rose have better cardio than 1982 Dynamite Kid?

Ha, fair point. Buddy was also always kinda big, though. Plus he was hocking Burgerville. 

34702fc471317e9704df09fbb86d9a03.jpg

Hero'd been thin for over a decade, gets released and balloons. I wasn't sure if maybe he'd discussed on a pod? Just seems unusual. 

• Like 1

Hero said in an AMA that he was diagnosed with a thyroid issue that makes it very difficult for him to lose weight

It clearly doesn't affect his cardio. Remember shortly after his release he did that like 3 hour match for charity

• Like 6

"Wrestling cardio" and actual cardio are two vastly different things. I know wrestlers (myself included) that can't do 5 minutes of cardio in the gym but can do 20, 30, 40 minutes in the ring.

Well, I personally cannot do 40.  But I've done 25 in an August heatwave under a mask...so there's that.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Hero said in an AMA that he was diagnosed with a thyroid issue that makes it very difficult for him to lose weight

It clearly doesn't affect his cardio. Remember shortly after his release he did that like 3 hour match for charity

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Iron Yuppie said:

Thyroid issue makes sense, thank you RIPPA. Considering the timing, my first thought was depression. But given how much ass he was kicking touring the world, I wasn't so sure. 

"Kicking ass & cultivating mass" would've been a great slogan for a Chris Hero t-shirt.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

That joke was already made, dude.

Well, you could say that I saw the pic and immediately just hit reply and made the joke, then read the rest of the thread. Or, you could just go with the more plausible explanation that it was all an illusion like what Doink did at WMIX

CcWNBA1WwAAATp5.jpg

• Like 4