DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

21 hours ago, sabremike said:

So I take it sumo has no concussion protocol?

I have been to three honbansos in my life and the if he dies then he dies stance by the officials is fairly standard.

They soooo fucking threw too much salt on the wrong side of the ring, though.  Dude on stage left had no problems with traction and if it were thrown for spiritual purity, again, the oni were on the other side of the ring.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I have been to three honbansos in my life and the if he dies he dies stance by the officials is fairly standard.

They soooo fucking threw too much salt on the wrong side of the ring, though.  Dude on stage left had no problems with traction and if it were thrown for spiritual purity, again, the oni were on the other side of the ring.

I believe the salt was thrown to purify that dude's spirit as it left his body when he was K'd the F O

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I believe the salt was thrown to purify that dude's spirit as it left his body when he was K'd the F O

Not one grain of salt thrown fell anywhere near the tengu that put that big guy on his ass.  It all landed on the side of the ring where the spirits of victory were doing a celebration dance.

If you look hard enough, you can almost see Susanoo silently nodding in approval.

• Like 2

I don't get the snarky digs at CW Anderson here. I thought it was pretty well understood Heyman bounced checks, lied repeatedly and showed up on RAW one night without informing the talent. Why the stanning for Paul E.?

The editorial head for UPROXX's wrestling coverage runs an indie in Texas. I tried watching one of the shows on YouTube, and in the first five minutes, the UPROXX guy/promoter (also ring announcer) cuts a promo on a heel manager that made the manager look ridiculous. Steph would have been proud. 

Same guy also wrote a LONG column a few years back that was basically a setup for the punch line "Stop booking Colt Cabana." Colt called him out on Twitter, and the guy claimed to be working a gimmick with the column. The fuck? 

In summation, UPROXX wrestling sucks. UPROXX in general also sucks for being clickbait, as Raziel points out, and for shuttering the formerly terrific Kissing Suzy Kolber website. 

• Like 3

Uproxx had or has that one writer who often wrote about women and gender. She was really fucking good, but the rest were forgettable. Wasn't the main editor of their wrestling content outted as a creep a while back? 

I'm kind of excited to see big Hoss Jack Swagger on the indies tossing li'l guys around for a while. My dream team for the day is Swagger and Cobb. 

44 minutes ago, The Iron Yuppie said:

I don't get the snarky digs at CW Anderson here. I thought it was pretty well understood Heyman bounced checks, lied repeatedly and showed up on RAW one night without informing the talent. Why the stanning for Paul E.?

The funny thing is either way, Heyman looks bad, Because he is the guy who wasted his television time on someone he now claims had no value. 

He then says he was paying for a stooge, which means Heyman employed stooges and did not trust his own locker room.Showing he was no different than that evil WCW, 

Heyman is a sleazy promoter through and through. 

Remember when he spent like 30 minutes on Austin's podcast explaining how he was "accidentally" dialed in to the creative meeting he was fired for because he wasn't listening in on that particular meeting but every single one prior. 

20 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Dutch, Swagger and Sam Adonis as a heel stable in CMLL

I would support this if I didn't actually fear that someone would legit stab Dutch in a parking lot in Monterrey.

20 hours ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

Dutch and Swagger need to take a trip to Mexico and become the biggest heels imaginable.

The career of Mark Jindrak makes me believe that Swagger would do just fine on his own with just the gimmick.

He could use a running shoulderblock as a finisher and call it The Border Wall..

15 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

Or Brian Cage and Melissa Santon comes out bitching on Twitter about all 3 stealing his (Cage's) gimmick.

I was going to ask if I'm the only person who has heard of Team Trump?

Swaggie doing a version of his "All-American American" character would probably be a heat machine in Mexico.

6 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I was going to ask if I'm the only person who has heard of Team Trump?

Swaggie doing a version of his "All-American American" character would probably be a heat machine in Mexico.

It is a gimmick that never failed to draw heat in Mexico.

il_340x270.732843382_4i79.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zartan said:

Heyman is a sleazy promoter through and through. 

Remember when he spent like 30 minutes on Austin's podcast explaining how he was "accidentally" dialed in to the creative meeting he was fired for because he wasn't listening in on that particular meeting but every single one prior. 

Also listen to this week's killing the town about how pervy Paul was with Dawn  Marie. 

^ Yeah, that was pretty creepy and not very surprising. 

Paul is the old, cool musician who made some great albums and was influential, but also a giant shithead. Like John Lennon for instance. I love the Beatles and always will, but know how much of an asshole he was. I can ignore that. He's also not my favorite Beatle. Not that it matters. 

Same for Benoit with me. I have no problem watching his matches and never have since what happened almost a decade (!?!) ago. But that's a whole different story and not a linear example. 

But, maybe you know what I mean. 

I await next year when you guys are spooging over Swagger's strong-style matches with Shibata in New Japan. 

*as this goes with my belief that Swagg will end up in NJPW at some point. *

• Like 3