DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Very little.

He came in as a member of James Storm's new crew of guys who wear white masks and release mysterious hacked videos, then almost immediately took the masks off but still use the hacking video.  He's done some great promos, but primarily he takes the losses so Storm and Bram (The other member of the group) don't have to.  His most notable in-ring moment was probably getting slammed into thumbtacks in a match against Abyss/Crazzyyy Steevee

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Please no Bullet Club for Swagger. Please. I'd rather he take up his WWE role in NJPW instead of that.

I still don't know what 'ethered' means but I'm not trying to look it up

Its a term stupid people use to declare someone has won a dispute. Like you held an ether rag to someones face to knock them out. It is slightly more obnoxious than mic drop.

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

Not one grain of salt thrown fell anywhere near the tengu that put that big guy on his ass.  It all landed on the side of the ring where the spirits of victory were doing a celebration dance.

If you look hard enough, you can almost see Susanoo silently nodding in approval.

Su-su-susanoo!

/philcollins

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PetrolCB said:

I'd really like to listen to, watch or read something that doesn't try to fucking crowbar Phil Collins into it. Is that too much to ask?

Well, I was going to say that all this could be a Genesis for a new career for Swagger, but forget it. Jeez. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, PetrolCB said:

I'd really like to listen to, watch or read something that doesn't try to fucking crowbar Phil Collins into it. Is that too much to ask?

Probably.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I hate you all

EDIT: To clarify, just those of you posting about the bald drummer whos name I shall not write.

That anger...it's like you can feel it...coming in the air...tonight.

• Like 15

6 hours ago, MADCAP said:

I await next year when you guys are spooging over Swagger's strong-style matches with Shibata in New Japan. 

*as this goes with my belief that Swagg will end up in NJPW at some point. *

I'm hoping he ends up in ROH, with all the ROH faithful shitting all over him for being a failed-WWE guy, because goddamn, does ROH need an actual heel.

10 hours ago, Roman said:

Pity about Swagger. I was a big fan. His matches with Christian in ECW were promising, and although he couldn't talk for shit, I'd hoped they would have let him be a no-nonsense, tough guy heel/stoic face.

He had potential, but everytime they gave him a push, he either failed to rise to the occasion (his World Title run) or got busted smoking a spliff ( his Elimination Chamber win).  It's hard to blame the WWE for not having more faith in him.

38 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

I'm hoping he ends up in ROH,

Given their current booking style, I think they might announce he's got a TV title shot by the time I click the Submit Reply button for this.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, caley said:

Brother Mero?

marc-mero-f.jpg

Don't laugh too hard.  Mero has worked for TNA in the past.

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

HA!!!!

Per Meltzer - TNA will be using the theme (which will be all over the tapings)

MAKE TNA GREAT AGAIN!

Does that mean we're about to find out that Jarrett and Dutch colluded with a Russian promoter to force Dixie out of the business?

12 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Don't laugh too hard.  Mero has worked for TNA in the past.

Does that mean we're about to find out that Jarrett and Dutch colluded with a Russian promoter to force Dixie out of the business?

In that case go Russia.

• Like 1