DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Apparently Wade Barrett is appearing at Wrestlecon during WM weekend using the name Fake News Bennett. This is a gimmick that needs to be on TV right away 

• Like 23

32 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Picture perfect IRL European uppercut ("lifter" if you're nasty).  Bonus points for the Terry Funk sell at :31

So I take it sumo has no concussion protocol?

58 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Picture perfect IRL European uppercut ("lifter" if you're nasty).  Bonus points for the Terry Funk sell at :31

mwo,x350,ipad_2_snap.u2.png

• Like 9

Was he ever seen after being eviscerated by AJ Styles on UpUpDownDown?  It's totally possible he's still crying in a corner somewhere and was released because no one could snap him out of it.  

• Like 2

Apparently Sonnen has a radio or a podcast and Swagger was a guest on it and Swagger said that he was released.

He is gonna keep wrestling but he wants to try MMA too

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I wouldn't say he was eviscerated. AJ barely won and AJ was wanting to give up because Jack cheated.

Not the score itself, but AJ's mindgames during the whole thing.  Classic big brother stuff - not paying attention to anything Swagger said, ignoring his jokes, putting the controller down after Swagger cheated and cold bloodedly winning anyway.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I look forward to Jack to soon debut in Impact Wrestling as Jake Tapper.

Wait...Nope, that won't work.

"We know who that is!"

"You might, but I don't. Did he used to be on TV?"

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CSC said:

Not the score itself, but AJ's mindgames during the whole thing.  Classic big brother stuff - not paying attention to anything Swagger said, ignoring his jokes, putting the controller down after Swagger cheated and cold bloodedly winning anyway.  

To be fair, almost everyone ignored Swagger constantly trying to cheat his way through the tournament. Man was he ultra douchey on those. The one where he brags about his fantasy football team was just, ugh, terrible.

30 minutes ago, CSC said:

The therapy is going well, isn't it?  

In other news: 

• Like 3

Per Cage Match Swaggers last televised match was a Main Event victory over Simon Gotch in early November and he hasn't been on the road since the end of January. 

If he stays in wrestling wonder where he ends up? New Japan most likely? Ring of Honor by proxy of New Japan?

Sucks to be cut this close to WM.  Gotta figure they'd put him in the Andre so Braun would have another beefy body to toss around, which would have meant some sort of bonus.  Then again, I think most figured he'd been released a while ago.

EDIT: Hit enter before seeing Web's post about asking for his release. Guess he saw the writing on the wall.

2 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Per Cage Match Swaggers last televised match was a Main Event victory over Simon Gotch in early November and he hasn't been on the road since the end of January. 

If he stays in wrestling wonder where he ends up? New Japan most likely? Ring of Honor by proxy of New Japan?

"BOBBY LASHLEY

JOCK STRIDER

Up next... in the Global Force Impact GoldZone(TM)"

I'd bet the house we'll have a Jake Hager/Dutch Mantel reunion in TNA.

After the next round of nxt call up's, I have a feeling we'll see Joe Hennig, Bo Rotunda, and the Fabulous Colon Brothers in the Global Gold Impact Zone.