DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Spring 2017

Dolfan in NYC

Yeah wouldn't want to be part of the most entertaining football in Europe by far where you can also win a free magic ticket to the Barcelona Invitational League, that would be pretty awful.

English clubs honestly deserve failure for their attitude. That goes for the whole lot of them.

Barcelona - PSG... Man. Beforehand I'd half-joked that Barcelona would easily make up for the 0-4 beating they'd received in Paris. I didn't expect they'd actually do it, let alone with an away goal from PSG.

Oh my fucking God. This is fucking insanity and like the sister of Istanbul. I'm a neutral and I'm emotional.

Tremendous play by Neymar not just to boot the second ball back into the box but to jink past a defender and get a better opportunity. Instant all time classic for sports, not just football/sawkur.

A 5-0 I would have believed to happen, not a 6-1. Especially if you consider Barca conceeded when they were getting close. Hard to imagine Barca NOT winning CL this year, a performance like that is what makes you as a team and I can´t see them getting steamrolled like it happened in Paris once more.

Largely unnoticed today, Dortmund beat Benfica 4-0 after a somewhat shaky first half to advance to the quarter finals aswell. Happy for them, they really deserved it over the course of the two legs.

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

I just hope Dewar laid a tenner on the miracle comeback!!!

I was not that brave.

I did put down 5 bucks on a three pick parlay, both Champions Leagues games to go over 3 goals, and Duke -6.5 vs Clemson this afternoon, so it was still a good day. :)

• Like 3

Metro wins the home opener when our star striker Owen Goal does it again to give us the only goal of the match vs Colorado. Totally deserved win, if not for Tim Howard it would've been 3-0.

And in other news I hope none of you were looking forward to LigaMX this weekend as all matches were cancelled after the refs went on strike. This was in response to two incidents where players threatened and abused an official. Both were given 8+ match bans but apparently that wasn't enough.

29 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

lol, I guess I'm the only one who enjoys Tirantes then?

He is clearly a tecnico fan who is upset how Tirantes always screws his heroes!

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

There's old and then there's "John Harkes' son plays for MLS" old. 

You kids. My lawn. Off it. 

He's Tall, He's White, Came from Wynalda's Wife, He's Harkes' kid!!!

Also I don't care who did it, I will always love seeing the scum flattened. And LOL at "America's Future #1" Bill Hamid and his clown shoes effort today.

7 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

They just mentioned on talksport that the minnesota/atlanta game is being played in a snow storm. 

Awww Mark has me on ignore.