DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Spring 2017

Dolfan in NYC

44 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Appears to be torn ACL for Zlatan. 

Fuck. But really the way this should end is Wayne Rooney scoring the winning goal in the Europa League final and riding off into the sunset.

Ok, the Dortmund attack just got a bit more bizarre.. it wasn't Islamic Terrorism, right wing hooligan fans.. it was someone looking to short-sell Dortmund's stock and make a killing. (Dortmund is the only German team floated on the stock market)

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/21/dortmund-bus-attack-suspect-arrested-as-police-allege-share-dealing-plot

I was at the NYCFC-Orlando game today and as a game it was fine. However there was something that really pissed me off: the constant use of the puto chant by large numbers of fans. In at least one case it was very loud and much of that noise came from the supporters section. The fact that people were doing it was bad enough, but doing it against Orlando? Of all the fucking teams in the league you could do that to this was fucked up even more for obvious reasons. You have the league with the Don't Cross The Line campaign yet they took more action over fans shouting asshole than an anti gay slur. And this isn't the only place I hear it. If the league wants to be serious they have to explicitly tell fans the chant will not be tollerated, and that if it persists sanctions will follow. Make one of these teams play a match behind closed doors if their fans don't have enough dignity to cut the homophobic shit out. That will get their attention.

• Like 1

German cup: Frankfurt eliminated Gladbach by PKs, Dortmund edged out Bayern 3-2. Both semis were won by away teams. Couldn't watch any of the two days, but Bayern v Dortmund looks like it was a ridiculously amazing game judging by the reports. Dortmund are the first German club to make five cup finals in a row.

On a totally different note, Joey Barton is an idiot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ReiseReise said:

On a totally different note, Joey Barton is an idiot.

He's appealing, only slightly hyperbolically on the grounds that if the person who'd gotten caught betting on football hadn't been as famously big an idiot as he, the ban wouldn't have been as harsh.

The Secret Footballer posted something today (cant find at the moment) how they nailed Joey partially as a warning to all the other players who are also betting on stuff. And partially because Joey is Joey. 

• Like 1

Shame about Zlatan's severe knee injury.

Suprirsed no mention about Ugo Ehiogu who sadly died after a cardiac arrest, he was Tottenham's U23 coach. Ugo was only 44. Paul Merson was choked up doing his tribute to Ugo.

Bradford City sealed their place in the League 1 playoffs.

Good riddance to Joey Barton, the violent scumbag.

On 27.4.2017 at 9:17 AM, The Natural said:

Shame about Zlatan's severe knee injury.

I´m not quite sure, but I think Zlatan has been mostly injury-free for the majority of his career. It´s a damned shame he gets injured like that right before EL semis. Would have probably been a career highlight for him.

• Like 1

The heavy rains in my area finally let up and I had time to sit down and watch the match on FOX.

Spoiler

I enjoyed watching Bayern Munich beat up Wolfsburg and take the Bundesliga title just now.

Bundesliga title race is truly messed up for me. There's Bayern who won it five years in a row. There are Leipzig and Hoffenheim who are clubs I hate. Dortmund I enjoy watching, but they aren't consistant enough. Bayern not winning the double is considered sth exciting. I really hope this is a one off in regards to Hoffenheim and  (especially) Leipzig, but I really think Red Bull are their to stay.

5 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Weren't Wolfsburg good? They were nearly relegated, what happened there?

From what i hear on all the euro footy pods, directly related to the VW scandal. Less money for the club, not as big a priority right now, ...