DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Spring 2017

Dolfan in NYC

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-04-03/dog-invades-pitch-and-eludes-capture-in-seven-minute-spree/

Ah, lower league footy (7th division england), Northern Premier League team Halesowen Town had a four legged invader  spend seven minutes playing with all the humans who were kicking a ball around.

It turns out that the dog belonged to one of the players, who finally was able to snap a leash on the dog, and he was led off the field.

No word on if the player... (puts on sunglasses).. ended up in the manager's doghouse.

• Like 2

Thanks. Such an amazing day. I was only 4 on our previous Wembley trip back in 87, so like a whole generation of City fans, I'd never experienced such a day out. Winning really was the icing on the cake, still think George Thomas's winner was a dream

• Like 1

Layhoon Chan's no longer with Valencia. I'm not sure what good that will do, but I cling to every tiny shred of hope that the club will finally turn around. It's so sad to see my wonderful Valencia in this state.

With both Dortmund and Bayern failing to advance, 2016/17 marks the first CL season since 2008/9 without a German semi-finalist in the competition. Monaco is the first team from France in the semis since 2010 when Lyon made it to the final four, getting eliminated by Bayern. Barca not making semis two years in a row has to be noteworthy somehow aswell I´d imagine.

The really satisfying part about Barca-Juve ending in a goalless draw is the fact that Barca themselves were being ridiculously arrogant towards Juve. There was some real bs being written, no matter if it was meant to play mindgames or sth, there is a fine line between believing in yourself and between putting down the opponent. I´m usually not a fan of "solid defense shutting out a great offense", but it´s definetly part of the game and well deserved retaliation after the big talk beforehand.

Champs Lig semi-finals:

• Athletico Madrid vs Real Madrid
  • Monaco vs Juventus

And the Europa

• Manchester United vs Celta Vigo
  • Ajax vs Lyon

Also, RIP Ugo Ehiogu. Heart attack aged 44.