DVDVR Message Board

2016-17 NHL - Period 3

Dolfan in NYC

The way the press release reads, it sounds like if the NHLPA had given some concession to owners, they would be going to the Olympics. The NHLPA fucked up big time by not addressing this in the last collective bargaining agreement.

Edit: I don't believe the players should have to give up anything else. One would think NBC promising no nationally televised games during the Olympics would have made the owners reconsider, but it did not.

Reports are that KO has been discharged from the hospital. Scuttlebutt I've heard is that it was mumps, it's 2017 and a mumps epidemic is just absurd at this point. The league and the teams really have to do something.

• Like 1

Motherfuck shitsburgh. Motherfuck Garth Snow. Motherfuck Dan Abysmal. Motherfuck GMTM. Think that covers everything for the season.

• Like 1

I'm happy. Mostly because this was so unexpected. The only thing we've won is likely a 4 game series with the best team in the NHL without our #1 goalie but what can you do.

Still holding out hope somehow for Leafs/Sens & Flames/Oilers but it doesn't look like stars will allign.

20 years ago today my Whalers played their final game, a 2-1 win over TB at the Civic Center. My fondest wish is that all the people who played a role in killing them feel the pain and agony I felt on that day. There is not a day that goes by where I don't think about the Whalers, #LLTW.

• Like 2