DVDVR Message Board

2016-17 NHL - Period 3

Dolfan in NYC

Hockey pet peeve: people who refer to hits as if that is a positive meaningful stat. If you have a lot of hits that indicates that you don't have a lot of posession and that's very bad.

• Like 1

My favorite thing about NHL fans is that any time a young player makes any kind of mistake he MUST either be scratched or burried in the AHL so he can "learn from his mistake".

Just signed up for my Isles postseason tickets. I'd like to take this chance to apologize to WholeFnMachine and any other Isles fans on the board for ensuring they will fail to make the playoffs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WholeFnMachine said:

And Ryan Strome is out with a broken wrist, he wasn't having a great season but now the Isles will be stuck with Shane Prince or Alan Quine in his spot. #Thanks@sabremike

But I produced the miracle of Garf finally bringing back Halak from exile!

He got away with sticking someone in the nuts the other night, and the league won't even investigate the slash that injured Methot. Clearly a double standard.

The NHLPA needs to get their shit together, and demand the league start suspending players for injuring other players with slashes and dirty hits. Would also be nice if the "Department of Player Safety" stopped being a complete fucking joke too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Melnyk is already playing the "double standard for Sid" card. 

I initially read this as Malkin and thought he must have said referees were being too hard on Crosby.

• Like 1

When even the Pens guy who is the living breathing definition of the one eyed commentator says an opposing team's goal was good and the goal gets waived off on review you KNOW the refs totally fucked up.

A few hockey podcast recommendations from my recent attempt to find some new ones:

Puck Soup - Wysh and Lozo. Not as good as MvsW but it gets the job done.

Biscuits - Lozo & Down Goes Brown. Thought this decent but I can't listen to that much of Lozo.

Hockey PDOCast - Prefer this over the TSN Hockey Analytics one in terms of a more analytics based podcast.

Spittin' Chiclets - Ryan Whitney has some good stories and it's a more lighthearted approach to a hockey podcast.

Kurtenblog Radio - Canucks based but I always enjoyed these guys so it's good to hear them back doing radio.

Pulp Hockey Show - Ray Ferraro's pod. I just discovered this one but I haven't listened to any episodes yet.

On 25/03/2017 at 0:09 AM, elizium said:

If Cam Talbot could stop getting pulled during fantasy playoffs, I'd appreciate it.

I'd also like to extend a giant fuck you to Martin Jones for wearing his mask backwards and playing blind the last week and a half.

• Like 1

Patrik Elias has decided to retire

The Devils announced that they will retire his number next year and he will skate with the team during warmups on April 8 (which is NJ final home game)