DVDVR Message Board

2016-17 NHL - Period 3

Dolfan in NYC

The Panthers are a point out of the playoffs.  Thankfully they've apparently righted the ship from the disastrous start to the season.  

And btw, I'm looking to buy a Panthers jersey, and the only ones available on their website are the old logo.  They've had a new logo for almost 9 months. Jesus Christ. 

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Panthers are a point out of the playoffs.  Thankfully they've apparently righted the ship from the disastrous start to the season.  

And btw, I'm looking to buy a Panthers jersey, and the only ones available on their website are the old logo.  They've had a new logo for almost 9 months. Jesus Christ. 

I believe they sold out pretty quickly - and with the change to Adidas next year maybe they didn't see the point in restocking them

20 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Vanek is a fair pick up for the Panthers.

Especially since they got him for a bag of used pucks and a box of donuts. 

On 3/1/2017 at 9:53 PM, Oyaji said:

Jay and Dan back to TSN!

They were too entertaining so FSN had to replace them with Katie Nolan, who is completely untallented and as funny as dead pets or Cuban sitcoms.

I never thought I would say this but the NHL needs to get rid of every team having to play every team in the other conference home and away. It just leads to awful worthless games like Sabres-Arizona that literally nobody wants to see and have no juice instead of games like Sabres-Leafs that fans want to see. The current policy has made the regular season significantly worse.

3 hours ago, Lacelle said:

Bullshit. There are fans of every team & they ought to get a chance to see them play locally. I live in Vancouver but have no emotional attachment to the teams in the Canucks' division. 

Not bullshit. I actually pay for 41 games and would rather there were more games where the players (much less the fans) gave a crap. 

Joshua Ho-sang is my new favorite player for two reasons:

1) I want to see him make fools of the GM's who avoided him because of the "brash uppity negro" tag he was given by the always forward thinking people in the sport.

2) Him wearing 66 has infuriated Pens fans, and that's one fanbase that can all die in a fire. And any of their announcers not named Mike Lange as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I'm trying to think of every player in history that the above isn't just a nothing play at their own blueline, and I guess it's pretty much Richard (by reputation), Orr, Bure, Ovechkin, and McDavid pretty much. That's about it.

Eh. There's a lot of guys that could do that. Ouellet completely misplayed it and got burned. Any reasonably fast player - Detroit has three guys alone fast enough - could make that play. Definitely a great play, no mistake about it, however. 

Dylan Larkin set the all-time record at the speed contest in the all-star game. Athanasiou is faster. Darren Helm is 95% as fast. That's not homerism, it's fact. Whether they would finish is questionable as none are top scorers but all are definitely fast enough to burn a #6 defenseman like that. 

Noted waffle lover Olli Jokinen has signed a one-day contract with the Panthers and is announcing his retirement. 

He was part of the FIRST Roberto Luongo trade (for Mark Parrish & Oleg Kvasha).  As a reminder, the Islanders then drafted Rick DiPietro. (Ahead of Dany Heatley, Marian Gaborik, and Henrik Lundqvist)  lol

87Sl6.gif

43 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Noted waffle lover Olli Jokinen has signed a one-day contract with the Panthers and is announcing his retirement. 

He was part of the FIRST Roberto Luongo trade (for Mark Parrish & Oleg Kvasha).  As a reminder, the Islanders then drafted Rick DiPietro. (Ahead of Dany Heatley, Marian Gaborik, and Henrik Lundqvist)  lol

87Sl6.gif

We don't need to be reminded...believe me.

I honestly can't think of a dumber talking point in recent memory than "JHS is disrespecting the sacred memory of Mario by wearing #66". Makes me want to turn my TV off ala Elvis.

• Like 1