DVDVR Message Board

[1st Rd] JACK GALLAGHER vs. CESARO/SHEAMUS

JACK GALLAGHER vs. CESARO/SHEAMUS  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Pick One

This poll is closed to new votes

The Sheamus/Cesaro team is the first time I've really been into Cesaro since the Real Americans, feels like it's given both guys a new lease of life. I absolutely love Jack, and he's got far more strings to his bow than he's been allowed to show in his WWE run thus far, but ultimately he didn't boot Enzo's face off on Raw last week

Jack is wonderfully unique for WWE.  He in past years wouldn't come anywhere close to the company, but with times a-changin' he's proven to be one of the more popular guys from CWC.  He hasn't come close to showing all that he brings to the table because right now he doesn't need to.  I'm guessing we'll see more from him at Fastlane.  But the guy has given such joy to us be it in the ring or outside.  As much as I love Cesaro/Sheamus it's hard to vote them over Jack.

Cesaro and Sheamus is bringing out the best in both guys.  Loving Gallagher but I'm afraid he'll be a one-trick pony and reduced to nothing but an umbrella and headbutts.

EDIT: Clarification - I don't think Gallagher himself will be a one-trick pony - he's obviously more than the gimmick - but I'm afraid WWE will reduce him to that point, much in the way Cesaro has been mostly reduced to "resident uppercut machine".

• Like 1

Cesaro/Sheamus spent way too long being the "feuding partners who hate each other" then I feel like WWE blew the "Partners who hate each other and come to like each other" in a silly barroom brawl skit.  I feel like if you have Cesaro getting double-teamed by Gallows/Anderson and Sheamus comes out and Brogue Kicks both of them, you get a much bigger pop.  Plus, they're STILL kind of doing the "We hate each other" schtick even though they've moved past that point storyline-wise.  I feel like the team has done a lot to help Sheamus and his character, but has been reasonably detrimental to Cesaro.

Gallagher got a huge pop for telling an opponent that he wasn't playing a gentleman "I AM a gentleman" and that's inherently cooler than anything Cesaro/Sheamus have been involved in. Plus, I once saw Jack Gallagher fold Zack Gibson into a ball in ICW last year and it didn't come off as silly as it sounds.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Cesaro and Sheamus is bringing out the best in both guys.  Loving Gallagher but I'm afraid he'll be a one-trick pony and reduced to nothing but an umbrella and headbutts.

Agreed on both counts. I think the WWE UK tournament exposed us to the fact that there's several guys who can pull off "quirky English gentleman" better than Gallagher can.

That is what my point was - Gallagher has actively been hurt by being on 205Live (instead of still working indies or being on NXT)

Yes - he has more "exposure" but he also has to play the WWE game which basically is Peter Sellers in 3 minute matches

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Sugar said:

Agreed on both counts. I think the WWE UK tournament exposed us to the fact that there's several guys who can pull off "quirky English gentleman" better than Gallagher can.

What? He's miles better then Bate is. And nobody else is close to him.

I'll watch Jack Gallagher wrestle anyone. He's been the biggest highlight of 205 Live, which is one of my favorite shows still. 

Gallagher's been really good at making WWE fans care about a 150lb comedy guy. Yeah he's not really had the opportunity to do the matworx recently, but I feel he's been a really good babyface promo and I'm not going to hold the fact that he's developed a WWE moveset against him. That dropkick in the corner is mint & that headbutt is ouchy. 

People forget that both Cesaro and Sheamus were both pretty forgettable pre-draft. Yes that Brogue Kick on Enzo was nice - but Enzo has more credit than anyone else for that. It's quite likely Cesaro and Sheamus will both end up on Smackdown in couple of months and may they both have great years, but to vote them over Jack this year is lit.

Gallagher has great matwork, nasty looking headbutts and is way over for a cruiserweight. That being said, I hate his stupid gimmick and Cesaro/Sheamus have been extra clubbery lately.

I think the dumb ending to their Best of Seven and the feeling of treading water during that whole period does a lot to wash away how much fun some of those matches were and how incredibly, incredibly consistent they both are. Sheamus might be the best hoss (is that still a thing? Maybe not) in the WWE today and Cesaro, for all the aimlessness to his booking, hasn't really lost a step in-ring over the past three years.

Vote Cesaro/Sheamus! Vote clubbering! 

I definitely think people need to check out Jack's pre-WWE stuff before voting.

And while post-CWC WWE Jack is much less interesting than the guy he was before, I think he deserves a lot of credit for adapting so quickly to the WWE style and actually being one of the few new cruisers to get over.

Cesaro and Sheamus are...fine.  Honestly, babyface Uppercut Party Cesaro is by far the least interesting Cesaro.

5 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Claudio should get bonus points for not killing Enzo after that over the top rope botch a couple weeks ago. 

Some more cynical board members would argue the opposite.

• Like 4