DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Live, 28th February 2017.

The Natural

3 minutes ago, zev said:

Commit arson, defile a grave...to become a babyface again?

Meanwhile, when do they ask Dean to give up his belt for never defending it?

Arson and defiling graves is babyface behavior inside the scary place that is Vince McMahon's head.

We learned from Dean's US title run that there is a lot of paperwork involved to set up title matches. Ambrose doesn't have time for all that paperwork. 

• Like 1

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

AJ Styles earned a #1 contender spot at WrestleMania.  I believe that was the stipulation.  No matter what Shane does how could it make sense?   AJ is in the main event because that's what the stip said. 

Shane and Orton were in cahoots.

1 minute ago, HumanChessgame said:

The closing segment was so bad because it confirmed that Randy Orton would be in the WM main event.

What brand of hammer do you have in your household? I ask because you nailed that so very well.

There is no way Orton vs Wyatt is closing Wrestlemania with Brock vs Goldberg & Triple H vs Rollins scheduled

Calling it a "main event" match is like saying Edge vs Del Rio was the Smackdown main event when it was the first match on the show

Maybe Shane says to Orton, hey you gave up your opportunity to face Bray at Wrestlemania, if you want it back, you gotta beat AJ for it. Then Shane screws AJ, we get Shane/AJ and Orton/Wyatt and I stop watching until the big summer angle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sammo~! said:

Maybe Shane says to Orton, hey you gave up your opportunity to face Bray at Wrestlemania, if you want it back, you gotta beat AJ for it. Then Shane screws AJ, we get Shane/AJ and Orton/Wyatt and I stop watching until the big summer angle.

That sounds awful. And highly likely to happen. But hopefully there will be other matches on the card you might stick around to watch.

I think we can all agree if that was the plan then they should just have had Luke beat AJ (maybe with Shane interference)  and run a Wyatt Family triple threat.    Now it's looking like Luke may either interfere at Mania or just be an addition to the battle royal.  Neither is a great place to be in.

Jericho/Owens will be good, but nothing on the Smackdown side is remotely interesting to me. It feels like in comics when the big annual crossover event puts everything you've invested in on hold for a few months to attract new readers.

• Like 2

The most depressing part is Luke Harper possibly being left out in the cold. The guy deserves to be a main event player for a long, long time. I've been a fan of his since about 2007 when I started watching Chikara.

• Like 3

Orton really needs to take a few months off and be a contestant on Naked and Afraid.  Dude can light a match by striking it once against a tree. He'd be king-sized on that show.

So sparks even, just a good burn.  I couldn't get that done if my life depended on it.

Show was alright, though I have no idea why Orton went through all of this.  His dialogue made it sound like he's been conning Bray all along.  Um. ok, why?

I'm guessing Shane somehow screws AJ out of the title match since Orton is back in, and we end up with AJ-Shane,  Not exciting, but it's probably the best AJ's gonna get.

I didn't really care for that last segment when it was Kane and the Undertaker.  And this go-round was about half as interesting. 

Cena's evisceration of Miz was fantastic. I really wish this was leading to a singles match at Wrestelmania.

Mickie/Becky seemed nice whenever it was on, but I could never get a full read on it with the commercial breaks. I am pleased Becky won. Also dug Nattie throwing her hat in the race for the belt during Alexa's interview.

AJ/Harper was damn good up until that weird finish which didn't really do Harper any favors. I do hope AJ stays in the main event.

I honestly fast forwarded through the final segment. Once I heard Orton talking about it not being his world I realized where it was going. It wasn't a bad idea in theory, but we really needed the Wyatt compound built up more along with the idea that Abigail was brewed there. It just felt hollow. Also weird to have AJ talk about going out there and not showing up.

SDL feels weird right now. the only thing going into WM with solid build right now is Dean/Corbin. Everything else could deliver if they were aiming at slightly different match ups like Cena/Miz instead of the mixed tag or a Wyatt triple threat or a 4-way with AJ thrown in instead of whatever the fuck is going to happen.

10 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Please please please please please have Miz help Ellsworth pin Cena next week!

Well Cena is all about putting people over now. Plus if Ellsworth pins him he could brag about that for the next several months.