DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Live, 28th February 2017.

The Natural

I know the show hasn’t aired yet but I wanted to start the topic for this:

20170221_SD_Preview_StylesHarper--c607b3

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

I can’t remember the last time I looked forward to a TV match announced on the previous show like this one. Trying to keep my expectations in check as AJ Styles’ the best wrestler in the WWE and Luke Harper’s great, deserving of a big push for some time.

• Like 5

That company's done a thousand questionable things over the years, but I do appreciate them having a stacked show for me to check out before another round of storms comes through my part of the country.

29 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

I know we don't post in active threads generally, but what a shitty god damned finish that was.

Agreed. The foot on the rope and match restart makes no sense given how the match turned out. Shane's involvement makes me worried we still somehow end up with AJ vs. Shane. I don't feel like those in creative really have a set plan for the title program.

• Like 1

Commit arson, defile a grave...to become a babyface again?

At least what they showed of the women's match was solid.

Meanwhile, when do they ask Dean to give up his belt for never defending it?

I mean just even the music. When Randy did his big turn..."It's not my. world!" and the camera moved in all close up and the music was like "DUN DUN DUHHHHHHHHNNNNNNN!!!!!"

That was some "my friends and I made a horror movie in high school with my dad's vacation camera and two VCR's" level stuff.

Orton posing in front of the fire almost saved that last segment, but overall a lame manner of doing the face turn. 

Incidentally, Cena doing a "burial" promo of a hated cowardly heel like Miz works so much better than him doing so to a technically talented and beloved one like AJ Styles; doubly so given Miz can get his heat back with just one talking segment. 

God I love Maryse's crazy girlfriend act. It's 1 million times more convincing and scary than Alicia Fox's cartoon version. She's the real deal.

- You never know when or how hard you'll have to hold her back or whether she means it when she says "I'm Ok, now. I'm fine. You can let go of me." It's always convincing but it's only true about half the time.

- When she's mad at you she immediately goes for dick size without even leading into it by bringing up your mother. I respect that. That's my move too.

- Just when you think trouble is over she yells at the other guy to say "get back here right now so my husband can kick your ass you pussy!"

- I'm 100% certain she's the type who will pretend everything is fine now and then when you wake up the next day you'll feel like something isn't right and there will be a vague pain in your abdominal or groin area and you won't be sure what or if it's permanent.

I love Maryse.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, zev said:

At least what they showed of the women's match was solid.

Those at the show live said it was real good.

Alas we will never know

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with the segment except that it is unbelievably rushed.  It is like they had a good long story realized it had too many chapters left and said fuck it let's just get to the ending.   With 3 weeks of TV left.  Okay technically 4 but I figure the last Smackdown will be like most of years and just be a time killer

• Like 1