DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Live, 28th February 2017.

The Natural

Have they (or can anyone) explain Carmella's angle on this? I can't see any particular benefit to her stringing Ellsworth along.

I mean, I get that IRL her character has essentially failed and she's relegated to Summer-Rae-ing around with jobbers in comedy angles and if you're a lady that's what you do.  You "date" Cedric Alexander or Fandango or whoever. But could they at least try giving an actual explanation in storyline because even Fandango had a nice theme and a decent look.

1 hour ago, steve said:

You guys needed tonight to confirm for you that Orton would be in the match?

There's always this moment of doubt on the Road to Wrestlemania where people let themselves believe that even though it's extremely unlikely, maybe, just maybe, WWE will do something fresh and interesting. Then they get burnt. Same thing will happen next year too.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Have they (or can anyone) explain Carmella's angle on this? I can't see any particular benefit to her stringing Ellsworth along.

Spoiler

Big penis?

Spoilered for possibly disturbing mental image.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I definitely see Bray crawling back and admitting Harper was right all along.

By the way, Ellsworth's "He's standing right there!" when Carmella was trying to provoke him to talk shit was great.

AJ/Harper was fucking awesome until they overbooked the finish.  Never thought I'd see the day when Luke Harper would be getting a dueling chant, but he got one against AJ.  Don't fuck this up WWE.  Don't have him jobbing to fucking Kane to build up him appearing in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal.

Talking Smack was great this week.  DBry points out that AJ's theme is a double negative therefore They Don't Want None implies somebody wants some.  Renee was being all creepy about American Alpha stating that Jordan was stalkable when AA mentioned the Usos were posting pictures of them from the shadows.  And DBry admitted he his excited for the mix tag next week and that he's a big supporter of the hog.  

• Like 1

Came in here to say AJ is 100% in the right. Randy Orton doesn't get to quit his title match & beat off to twisted, goofy mind games for 2 weeks while another man earns his title shot, & comes back deciding he wants the match

• Like 1

Opening seg was greatness. It only took one segment for the mixed tag to feel like kind of an odd Mania match to the most heated match on the card.

Styles/Harper was good and the clean victory for AJ was very surprising but I liked the springboard 450 getting a win. Definitely comes of shitty if AJ doesn't get the shot now even though I like the idea of AJ/Shane.

Thought Becky/Mickie was very good. Ziggler/Crews was an awkward ending. Closing seg felt extremely abrupt and rushed. I didn't hate it, but I was loving the Orton/Wyatt team so hate to see that come to an end.

1 hour ago, piranesi said:

I mean, I get that IRL her character has essentially failed and she's relegated to Summer-Rae-ing around with jobbers in comedy angles and if you're a lady that's what you do.  You "date" Cedric Alexander or Fandango or whoever. But could they at least try giving an actual explanation in storyline because even Fandango had a nice theme and a decent look.

Too bad Russo isn't around to book this, because the reveal would probably be that she's a vicious domme and Ellsworth is her cuckold.

1 hour ago, piranesi said:

Isn't she stringing him along in the friend zone so that he can help interfere in her matches? He is basically male Maryse (Man-ryse?) at this point.

The Carmellsworth angle would make more sense if they took an approach similar to Marie Windsor/Elisha Cook Jr. in The Killing.  Where the sap husband is being conned regarding a horse race theft.  Or, in this case, Ellsworth setting up other women to get beaten by Carmella to where she's eventually in position to win the Women's title.

The one good possibility of the grave burning:  it unleashes Abigail's spirit, which then attaches itself to a new host and wrecks havoc on SDL and/or RAW.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

There's always this moment of doubt on the Road to Wrestlemania where people let themselves believe that even though it's extremely unlikely, maybe, just maybe, WWE will do something fresh and interesting. Then they get burnt. Same thing will happen next year too.

I remember last week when folks on here were all "Harper's not only a possibility to be in a WM main event, he's almost definitely going to be!" and I didn't have the heart to say "No, no, no, no, that's never going to happen."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

Well Cena is all about putting people over now. Plus if Ellsworth pins him he could brag about that for the next several months. 

And MAYBE get out of the friendzone though still very unlikely. 

I wouldn't have cried about a Mania card that looked like this:

Orton/Wyatt/Harper triple threat

Goldberg vs. Lesnar

Jericho vs. K.O.

Triple H vs. Seth Rollins (because we have to)

AJ styles vs. [insert Samoa Joe, Nakamura, Undertaker etc]

John Cena w/Nikki Bella vs. The Miz w/Maryse

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Stroman

Sasha/Bayley/Charlotte/Nia

Baron Corbin vs. Dean Ambrose

SDL Women's Ladder Match or Six Pack Challenge

Andre Battle Royal

• Like 2

4 hours ago, piranesi said:

- I'm 100% certain she's the type who will pretend everything is fine now and then when you wake up the next day you'll feel like something isn't right and there will be a vague pain in your abdominal or groin area and you won't be sure what or if it's permanent.

I was a large kid and other kids would pick on me. I would get mad enough to chase them which never worked. My dear dead Daddy takes me aside and tells me.

"Victor, you are too big to be running after people. Laugh it off, pretend things are fine, then knock the hell out of them."

Which is the best advice I ever got from him. 

• Like 1

What kind of bullshit was that ending?! Randy Orton can now add that he's a fucking ARSONIST to his resume, right after going AWOL. I'm guessing they don't even bother explaining how Orton doesn't do prison time for this.

Fuck all of this. I guess the writing on SDL was just too good, so they had to shit it up.

At least that Cena/Miz segment was straight fire, an all time great segment. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hail Sabin said:

Daniel on Talking Smack did mention before they figure out the Smackdown title picture they have to investigate if Orton would be changed with any crimes.

Given Randy's general refusal to wear pants I'm amazed that's the first time he's had to say that.

• Like 3

Way back when they first brought the Wyatt Family up, wasn't Sister Abigail like a n evil nun who taught Bray, not his actual sister?

3 hours ago, caley said:

I remember last week when folks on here were all "Harper's not only a possibility to be in a WM main event, he's almost definitely going to be!" and I didn't have the heart to say "No, no, no, no, that's never going to happen."

I was trying so hard to convince myself that everyone saying it was right, but in my heart, I'm not surprised at all. I'm not even really surprised they had Luke get pinned twice for good measure. He's going to just be a random guy tossed from the battle royal