DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is ROH All-Stars - 2/27/2017

Dolfan in NYC

Very good show again. 

Braun making the ring buckle explode is a HELL of a visual. 

Cesaro getting to show off how FRIGGIN' STRONG he is for 15 minutes and Joe looking like a soulless killer makes me very happy.

Kevin Owens is going to lose on Sunday. I am very sad about that. 

Also, Seth Rollins promo lasted about 24 days.  Jesus Christ.  I like the guy but he's an anti-heat vortex. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Peck said:

That segment with The New Day may be one of the worst "comedy" segments in Raw history. They're going to accidentally book these guys in to super-strong heels without even realizing it.

I can definitely see New Day getting negative reactions at Mania if they keep going with these awful comedy segments. That would be a very WWE move.

The Rollins segment was very weird. It felt like at any moment Rollins was going to stop moping and show some fire and intensity, threaten to go through Joe to get to HHH, but that wasn't what we got at all.

The crowd was pretty bad all night, enough with the random CM Punk chants.  I loved the end segment with Braun and Reigns. As said, the turnbuckle spot was awesome. Can we please protect Braun heading into WrestleMania though?  I don't need him eating a clean pinfall at Fastlane. A no contest would suffice.

I've given up on any thought that Goldberg/KO won't be a complete squash.

I don't see why Owens can't get a decent amount of offense on Goldberg. A lot of the guys Goldberg ran over in WCW got nice amounts of offense. I see it as

Owens ambushes Goldberg. Superkick, suplex, suplex. Submission attempt, Goldberg powers out. Hits bench press power slam. Misses shoulderblock. Owens Moonsault gets two. Gets speared trying pop up powerbomb followed with jackhammer.

If they had Owens win somehow, it would really open up future pay per views. 

1 minute ago, Victator said:

I don't see why Owens can't get a decent amount of offense on Goldberg.

The answer is Brock Lesnar got 30 seconds and zero offense. I sincerely doubt Kevin is getting more than that. 

The correct booking should be Brock F5'ing the living fuck out of Goldberg to cost him the match. Or Jericho fulfilling the promise he made to KO at the Festival and telling him no one takes his title but him.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Victator said:

I don't see why Owens can't get a decent amount of offense on Goldberg. A lot of the guys Goldberg ran over in WCW got nice amounts of offense. I see it as

Owens ambushes Goldberg. Superkick, suplex, suplex. Submission attempt, Goldberg powers out. Hits bench press power slam. Misses shoulderblock. Owens Moonsault gets two. Gets speared trying pop up powerbomb followed with jackhammer.

If they had Owens win somehow, it would really open up future pay per views. 

I'm not sure if Goldberg is winning the title. I definitely see Jericho interference. Maybe we get a Brock apperance as well. Brock/Goldberg shouldn't be for the title. Leave the title for the full time guys.

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm not sure if Goldberg is winning the title. I definitely see Jericho interference. Maybe we get a Brock apperance as well. Brock/Goldberg shouldn't be for the title. Leave the title for the full time guys.

2 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The answer is Brock Lesnar got 30 seconds and zero offense. I sincerely doubt Kevin is getting more than that. 

The correct booking should be Brock F5'ing the living fuck out of Goldberg to cost him the match. Or Jericho fulfilling the promise he made to KO at the Festival and telling him no one takes his title but him.  

I think that was more ring rust and Brock not being capable of covering for it. Owens can do more to cover for Goldbrick, like he did in the Braun match.

Brock isn't going to interfere with the KO/Goldberg match. He's already on record as saying that he'll wait to see if Goldberg will have the belt going into WM.  Jericho may step in, though.  But they've got to figure out what to do with the US title, that is forgotten more now than when folks were complaining about it months ago.

I can't say HHH came off as a d-bag still.  Had Rollins said directly said he stabbed Ambrose and Reigns in the back and enjoyed every moment of it as he benefitted, then it would have hit a stronger note.  But HHH is doing a better job of explaining why Rollins is an ingrate who thought he was above what's happening now than Rollins is in showing remorse.

That Goldberg/Owens segment was nice. I hope Owens actually lasts five or more minutes with Goldberg or is at least attacked by Jericho before the match.

Bayley/Sasha vs. Charlotte/Nia was nice enough.

Rollins segment was long, but did its job.

Joe vs. Cesaro was pretty fun though. Glad Sami got the upped hand in the brawl afterward.

That Braun/Reigns segment was good. Foley got his balls back to some degree by standing up to Braun and the brawl itself was perfect. I'm kind of hoping the ppv ends in a double dq or count out so they can take the feud to Wrestlemania.

I enjoyed Foley's self-awareness of his dead man walking status.  He knows he's going to bite a bullet soon, but he's going to stick to who he is until Stephanie snuffs him out. The smarter hand to play would be to quit while he can, but Foley doesn't operate that way. So his comments felt true to who he is.

• Like 1

I really thought maybe we'd see Rollins rip off the knee brace and break the crutch over Joe's back or something and be all "YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I'LL BE AT WRESTLEMANIA". But I forgot this is the WWE and anyone who faces a heel McMahon or in this case Triple H has to be emasculated. At least Mick found his fire by the end of the night. This feud makes no damn sense what so ever though. By Triple H's own logic he collapsed under the pressure numerous times himself with his injuries. But I guess we'll ignore that.

I really hope something major happens to keep the title on Owens on Sunday. Goldberg/Lesnar doesn't need a championship added to it.

God, I hope Braun wins Sunday. He probably won't. But I sure hope he does.

The built for Strowman v Reigns, Goldberg v Owens and Samoa Joe as a character has been intriguing from what I saw. I don't know what to expect, but the bad guys losing both matches cleanly would certainly be the wrong way to go. It would be good if Owens comes across as somewhat of an underestimated obstacle for Goldberg, no matter how easily he has handled Brock so far.

I'm aboard the protect Strowman train. In my ideal world, he would have been the guy to eliminate Brock AND Bill from the Rumble to beat both in singles competition later on, but I don't want to go overboard with all the fantasy booking.

Dolfan said most of what I wanted to say.  This was a pretty decent going home show for a PPV that isn't of Royal Rumble or WM stature.

That backstage chatter between Joe and Cesaro was fucking sweet.  They may not be the best promo guys, but they sure do have some acting chops.

Owens keeping the title did gain some momentum because Goldberg gave Brock a reason to screw him at Fastlane. Goldberg got choked up saying how in 6 days he will be the Universal Champion and keep his promise to his Wife/Kid. Goldberg also said how he has never broken a promise to his Wife/Kid that was why he was almost getting choked up. Brock costs Goldberg winning the title at Fastlane and in turn makes him break his promise to his family to get revenge for his past two losses to Bill thus adding a lot more heat to the match without the belt being involved.

• Like 5