DVDVR Message Board

RIP Bill Paxton

(BP)

Just the idea that he was 61 is mind blowing to me. 

What was really great about Bill Paxton, as an actor, was that I can't think of a time where his presence didn't make a film better or more interesting. Even if a movie was awful Bill Paxton could show up and make you forget the movie was shit for a few minutes. "At least Bill Paxton looks like he's having fun," has been a common thought I've had over the years watching movies.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

It's four episodes in, but he completed the whole order of 13.

I've actually kinda liked it.  Was hoping it might get more than one year and come back next year as a summer series or something.

On TV, at least, he looks nowhere near 61.  Was thinking he was probably early 50's at most (coloring his hair helps, I guess)

• Like 1

I'll always remember him best for his performance in TWISTER (the Universal Studios attraction):

To this day, the deadpan utterance of "Hi, I'm Bill Paxton" will elicit uncontrollable giggles among a certain peer group of mine.

Because Weird Science was the first thing I saw him in, "How would you like a greezy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray" is the line I remember the most from him. 

Also, not mentioned, he carried Big Love so hard. Let's not talk about that final season though. 

13 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I was just watching Tombstone again yesterday.  Bill Paxton was in basically every movie I love growing up all throughout the 80s and 90s.  The guy had an incredible career.   So sad.

I was challenged to name one movie with Bill Paxton in it that I did not like and I couldn't.  He was the bright spot that made even Predator 2 somewhat watchable.

Naming the ones I really enjoyed:

Near Dark

Weird Science

Aliens

True Lies

Frailty

Twister (yeah, Twister..)

Apollo 13

The list went on and on.

RIP