DVDVR Message Board

Lizmark, Mil Mascaras y Valente Fernandez vs. Sangre Chicana, Angel Blanco y Angel Blanco Jr. (12/1/85)

Phil Schneider

• 3 weeks later...

Cool to see Chicana back working rudo.  I like my trios chaotic and this certainly was: the constant clipping, unfortunate as it is, actually added to that atmosphere.  I enjoyed this match a good bit but it'll go relatively low.

• 2 weeks later...

I never realized Sangre Chicana vs Mil Mascaras was a match I wanted to see but now it is. The clipping here was a bit distracting for me but we did get to see lots of cool stuff. Outside of some great brawling by all parties this also had Sangre Chicana goading everyone, but especially Mil Mascaras into coming after him and Lizmark's fluid athleticism. That old lady dancing was pretty weird/funny. This is fun but probably not going to be very high.

Another chaotic one-shot from the ringpost position. Blanco Jr.(I think? he's the one with the mask right?) and Fernandez have a super fast exchange for a minute and it is just fantastic. Sangre trying to skin the cat over and over again to get rid of Mil is equally great. Clipping and VQ are murdering this one but then you see Fernandez's mule kick and boxing and are won over again. Granny decides to do a Sangre bullfighting dance... what the fuck?! 

This ends up super hurt by the clipping and Angel Blanco exposing his face in plain view if I am not incorrect toward the end, but it's still great. Some of the clipped/fucked up matches on this set are way better than the kind of staid title matches that are aired in full with perfect filming and I am greatly disappointed. 

This ends up super hurt by the clipping and Angel Blanco exposing his face in plain view if I am not incorrect toward the end, but it's still great.

Yeah, Angel Blanco Jr. ends up unmasked and didn't seem as concerned with covering up as others who have been unmasked on this set.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going into this one only knowing nothing about Valente Fernandez, that's doing well by my estimation. The action early is pretty quick and vaguely confusing. Everything is hit cleanly and the back body drop on the floor looks nasty. I like the rudos trying to interfere from the apron and I do really like Lizmark's little passing shot to the back of the head. Mil as righteously angry is fun too. Lizmark's exchange with Blanco, Jr. is pretty athletic and well timed and then a minute or so later, his bouncing pin on Blanco, Jr. is great stuff. This is really disjointed due to the clipping though.

Valente's corner barrage looks really good and the fans seem into it. The brawling on the floor seems sufficiently chaotic with Chicana shining like usual. Back inside I like what I see from Lizmark and, in general, Blanco, Jr. Valente's stuff looks pretty good too. The chaos from the outside has bled into the inside. I kind of like how much they beat on poor Blanco, Jr. when he's just trying to keep his mask on. Then the match just sort of finished and sent the crowd home happy, I guess, and okay then.

Lots of seems/looks here. All indications are that this was a spirited, action packed match but I don't think we have anything more than indications. i know some people like ACTION and they're hitting each other hard and it's violent and chaotic, but we're really missing the connective tissue here and it's all sound and fury and not quite enough meaning. 

This was a better version of the previous match with an even more hectic atmosphere. I loved Lizmark in this being a fucker and doing flippy floppy shit to mess with the heels. Valente has some good exchanges in this with the Blanco's. Chicana was sort of in the background for this but did have some fun exchanges with Mascaras. The mask pulling on Blanco Jr. is great in this too. But man this was hurt by the clipping for sure and it felt all over the place because of that. This had several great individual moments but nothing came together. This is probably right under three stars or maybe right at it. 

• 4 months later...

It was fun to see Mascaras chase Chicana around the ring.  I too loved the lady bullfighter taunting Chicana.  Was this match two straight falls for Mascaras's team?  The clipping and camera work hurt this, although it was pretty fun while it lasted.  Bottom half for me.

• 3 months later...

I agree that this was probably the match most affected by the clipping as it was tough to get a gauge for the transitions between the violence. There was a lot of mask ripping and chaos but something didn't sit well with me and I had not conviction with any of the action. Good to see Mascaras at least. This is a bottom three match for me so far. (**3/4)

• 3 months later...

I liked what we saw of this match, but it's definitely hurt by the clipping. A lot of good stuff from Chicana & Mascaras in this and there was a really fun exchange between Lizmark & Blanco Jr. Not sure what to think of Valente Fernandez, he looked good in spots and really green in others. This won't rank very high but I had a lot of fun watching it.

• 3 months later...

Clipping hurt but honestly I liked this better than the Santo/Espanto tag from the same show. These guys at least appeared to be doing more than just getting by. It was also weird to see Mil Mascaras doing something resembling an actual competitive match where he sold for a bit. Lizmark looked great doing the athletic spots and really stood out. Valente Fernandez is another guy much like Espanto Jr. who I really would love to see more footage of as a youngster as he had a good rep and in every match he makes he takes these bumps that are just psychotic for their time. Chicana carried the match on the rudo side and without him I would guess the match would be much lower. Still... with the clipping it's hard to factor in the in-between stuff. Will end up low on my list.