DVDVR Message Board

[PLAY-IN] TYE DILLINGER vs. BOBBY ROODE

RIPPA

TYE DILLINGER vs. BOBBY ROODE  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Winner faces Nakamura

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Was he getting into position to put his foot on the rope? Looks silly but I'm not going to get taken out of a match by that. There are stupid bits of selling in pretty much every match.

It's more endemic but the whole thing isn't on youtube. I think it's just how Young operates?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Was he getting into position to put his foot on the rope? Looks silly but I'm not going to get taken out of a match by that. There are stupid bits of selling in pretty much every match.

Goddammit. I was good with blaming Eric Young and moving on, but now Oyaji gets all logical and fucks things up.

Now I have to answer the question of what is ridiculous overselling and what is veteran presence.

6 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Even if it's the latter, there are less obvious ways of getting into position.

STOP MAKING SENSE~!!!

As much as I hate the way he sells that spot (and he always sells it the same way), it is not entirely unreasonable to assume that someone could respond by uncontrollable spasm after being dropped on the neck over someone's knee.

In that specific case - I do think it was EY making sure he was in position

That being said - he pretty much does that all the time.

My issue with the EY/Tye match was more in lay out and that there wasn't more of Damo killing fools

Voted for Tye, because as much as everyone points out that Roode got over because of his theme song, Tye didn't even have that, and he managed to carry a shitty gimmick into becoming the #2 babyface on NXT.  Plus Roode spent a number of months doing nothing but wander around backstage while Tye was at least doing jobs.

• Like 3

• RIPPA locked this topic