DVDVR Message Board

[PLAY-IN] HECHICERO vs. SHINGO TAKAGI

RIPPA

HECHICERO vs. SHINGO TAKAGI  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Winner faces Kenny Omega

This poll is closed to new votes

I like Shingo fine as far as Dragon Gate guys go, but there are only a handful of guys in the same tier with Hechicero as far as people whose ringwork gives me joy in 2017. If you like fun matwork and haven't seen that Negro Casas match, run don't walk.

If there are only two CMLL wrestlers in the tournament, they should probably be Volador and Hechicero. As much as I can't stand the guy in singles matches, Volador was presented as the company's ace throughout the year and had plenty of big matches (I wouldn't say plenty of good ones, mind you; others would). Hechicero, on the other hand, had much more of a breakout year, finally winning a title and carrying a game Bucanero to his best match in, what, half a decade? Volador's had some spotfests on the indies, but Hechicero constantly delivers there against a variety of opponents. He's probably the most fun wrestler in the world to watch, with tricked out matwork, crazy moves, a ton of personality, and the ability to string it all together into strong narratives.

• RIPPA locked this topic