DVDVR Message Board

[PLAY-IN] TREVOR LEE vs. RUSH

RIPPA

TREVOR LEE vs. RUSH  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Winner faces Miz

This poll is closed to new votes

TREVOR LEE

vs. Cedric Alexander (CWF Mid-Atlantic - 5/18/16)

vs. Andrew Everett (CWF Mid-Atlantic - 7/6/16)

vs. Braxton Sutter (TNA One Night Only Dec 16)

Also see PWG Trevor Lee

Also note that the Trevor Lee/Roy Wilkins 105 minute match does count for this voting period due to the air date rule (The match was taped 2/27/16 but aired in March). I didn't link to it because it is 105 fucking minutes

RUSH

vs. Maximo Sexy (Hair Match - 3/18/16)

vs. L.A. Park (7/14/16)

vs. Matt Taven (CMLL 9/23/16)

Also see: Rush's abs

The Maximo hair match was pretty fucking great though. The Park match may be the most fun I had watching a match in this period. Up there with some of Keith Lee's and Omega's matches. I need to finally get around to some of this CWF MA Lee stuff though.

The few people praising Lee aren't specifically talking about PWG or TNA.

I didn't love him in BOLA, but he's been a pretty rad, gnarly prick in PWG for a while. His storytelling certainly has holes in it there but PWG tends to bring that out of people. I don't watch TNA outside of the odd Hardy segment and sometimes EC3/Lashley/Galloway, so I can't say how well he works or doesn't work in TNA other than a few matches I've seen, which were forgettable.

Also, does Rush's bacne nullify his abs?

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

No one else wants to say it but I will

Outside of CWF Mid-Atlantic, Trevor Lee is not good

I am finding this out the hard way during my lunch break. The pendulum is swinging back towards Rush.

I am quite fond of Rush, and while I haven't been up to date with what he's done he would still get my vote.  As for Trevor, I'm sure he's had some great matches and am generally fine with him being part of this.  But him saying "Fuck Dusty!" without getting Cody's approval on it at PWG does sour me on him a tad.  If that's a rather inane reason to vote against Trevor, then that point aside I still wouldn't vote him over Rush.

What hurts Rush's case for me is all the shitty Ingobernables trios matches he has had with his dad, but that's more a case of how shitty his dad is at being a luchador. Trevor Lee has been good the few times I saw him live at AAW (a real fun four way match w/ Kongo Kong/Andrew Everett/Moose and a really good tag with w/ him and Andrew Everett vs Gargano/Ciampa). I might need to sleep on this one.

16 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Who has the most punchable face in wrestling? Miz? Bubblegum? Michael Cole?

The correct answer is Bo Dallas.  I really really really want to slug the shit out of him.

Wow - kind of surprised at the results right now with all the love that CWF gets but after watching that Rush/LA Park brawl I really can't fault anyone for voting his way.  

• RIPPA locked this topic