DVDVR Message Board

WELCOME TO MARCH MADNESS 2017 - THE END

RIPPA

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Vote Gino Hernandez?

Is there a way to write in Gino Hernandez? 

Does me watching Dynamic Duo matches a few weeks ago count as match quality for Gino in the given time frame?

I'm still bummed about Naito's exit, but the competitors in the Finals are solid picks.  I'm good with whomever wins.

15 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

So? I'm not Japanese.

Glad you realize that your thoughts are culturally reflective and don't represent all opinions, especially the prevailing will in Japan that loves the guy almost like a native son.

21 hours ago, J.T. said:

Is there a way to write in Gino Hernandez? 

Does me watching Dynamic Duo matches a few weeks ago count as match quality for Gino in the given time frame?

I'm still bummed about Naito's exit, but the competitors in the Finals are solid picks.  I'm good with whomever wins.

The perfectly reasonable Gino argument is that well over a dozen of his matches (two dozen even!) were unearthed during the time period after having not been seen by literally anyone in 30+ years, more matches by a large degree than we have taped Revival matches in the time period, for instance. 

Below's a pretty close sampling to what we've gotten in approximately the time period.

Gino Hernandez vs Scott Casey (Houston 1/2/81)
Mil Mascaras vs Gino Hernandez (10/19/79 Houston)
Gino Hernandez vs Chavo Guerrero(Houston 5/22/81)
Jose Lothario/El Halcon/Mil Mascaras vs Gino Hernandez/Gran Markus/Gran Goliath (10/26/79 Houston)
David Von Erich vs Gino Hernandez(3/2/78 Houston)
Dick Slater vs Gino Hernandez(10/22/82 Houston)
Tony Atlas vs Gino Hernandez (2/15/80 Houston)
Dusty Rhodes vs Gino Hernandez (1/25/80 Houston)
Gino Hernandez vs Mil Mascaras (11/26/82 Houston)
Kevin Von Erich vs Gino Hernandez (1/11/80 Houston)
Gino Hernandez vs Mark Lewin (10/3/80 Houston)
Gino Hernandez vs Mark Lewin (9/12/80 Houston)
Gino Hernandez vs Ken Lucas (6/18/82 Houston Wrestling)
Les Thornton vs Gino Hernandez (10/24/80 Houston Wrestling) 
Gino Hernandez vs Mark Lewin (5/16/80 Houston Wrestling)
Rocky Johnson vs Gino Hernandez (7/7/78 Houston Wrestling)
Bruiser Brody vs Gino Hernandez (8/29/80 Houston Wrestling)
Dynamic Duo vs Mil Mascaras/Manny Fernandez(Houston 9/18/81)
Dynamic Duo vs JYD/Tiger Conway Jr. (Houston 9/25/81)
Dynamic Duo vs Mil Mascaras/Dos Caras (11/20/81 Houston)
Dynamic Duo vs Mil Mascaras/El Gran Apollo (8/6/82 Houston Wrestling)
Dynamic Duo vs Tito Santana/Mil Mascaras (12/18/81 Houston Wrestling)
Dynamic Duo vs Ricky Morton/Ken Lucas (9/5/82 Houston Wrestling)
Dynamic Duo vs Tommy Rich/Dick Slater (12/11/81 Houston Wrestling)

33 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Glad you realize that your thoughts are culturally reflective and don't represent all opinions, especially the prevailing will in Japan that loves the guy almost like a native son.

I never claimed to represent all opinions, though it certainly seems like a majority of the posters on this board agree. My post was in response to another poster who was hinting at anti-Omega/Japan sentiment being the only reason Miz got as far as he did, which is ridiculous. I enjoy Miz considerably more than Omega, and sure, I might feel differently if I was raised in a completely different environment, but that isn't really relevant and wouldn't add or subtract any weight from my opinion. Sorry your guy lost.

1 hour ago, MORELOCK said:

Sorry your guy lost.

I have several dogs in this fight and AJ is still in it, yo.  And your can shove that bit of snark in your ear, eh?

1 hour ago, MORELOCK said:

My post was in response to another poster who was hinting at anti-Omega/Japan sentiment being the only reason Miz got as far as he did, which is ridiculous. I enjoy Miz considerably more than Omega, and sure, I might feel differently if I was raised in a completely different environment, but that isn't really relevant and wouldn't add or subtract any weight from my opinion.

I don't disagree with your opinion or your right to defend your opinion.  Opinions that validate themselves by appearing to invalidate another opinion just annoy me.

That being said, I'm going to do my best to curtail my trademark quasi dismissive comments since no one appears to be able to tell when I am being sarcastic and just messing with people who are determined to turn something fun into something serious..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Opinions that validate themselves by appearing to invalidate another opinion just annoy me.

That being said, I'm going to do my best to curtail my trademark quasi dismissive comments since no one appears to be able to tell when I am being sarcastic and facetious and am just messing with people who are determined to turn something fun into something serious..

Yes, I'm sure everyone else is the problem, and that none of your posts are a dismissive attempt to invalidate the opinions of others.

27 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Yes, I'm sure everyone else is the problem, and that none of your posts are a dismissive attempt to invalidate the opinions of others.

I'm painfully aware of glass houses and much to my chagrin, I incorrectly assumed that people around here know my reputation well enough to tell when I am being facetious and deliberately making light of things in order to spur discussion about something we should all be talking about with some semblance of tongue in cheek.  It's fucking carny for crying out loud.

I will try to be a dick more often since that is what people assume I am anyway.

• Like 2

I am not Mil, because I have the good taste to sell properly.

I must be Gino since I am obviously the handsomer of the two..

Also, [not being serious] Fuck Morelock.[/not being serious].

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ryan said:

Naito should have won anyway! :blink:

This in spades... ^ 

Los DVDR Ingobernables will never forget

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OSJ said:

This in spades... ^ 

Los DVDR Ingobernables will never forget

Can I lay claim to EVIL's chair spot?

I'm also amenable to the black mist role if it's already spoken for.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cyanide said:

Can I lay claim to EVIL's chair spot?

I'm also amenable to the black mist role if it's already spoken for.

Certainly! With my knees, I have to get the walking slowly to the ring spot, it's what I do best.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Certainly! With my knees, I have to get the walking slowly to the ring spot, it's what I do best.

You're already overqualified for Naito's four minute strip down to his ring attire, as well as the begging off his opponent routine.  Tranquilo, indeed!

• Like 1