DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 3/2/17

The leftovers from the last set of tapings still to air, after initially assuming 3/2 would be "live" from the next tapings.

Impact Wrestling - Airing March 2, 2017 from Orlando, FL

*Rosemary(c) def. Jade in a Last Knockout Standing match to retain the Knockouts Championship

*Moose comes out and calls out Cody, saying he doesn't care who he's the son of, he will regret the day he messed with Moose. Cody attacks Moose and they get into a pull apart brawl. Moose did a suicide dive onto the security guards as Cody escaped.

*James Storm def. Jessie Godderz with help from Bram and Kingston

*Trevor Lee(c) def. Andrew Everett to retain the X Division Championship

*Moose def. Drew Galloway(c) via split decision to win the Impact Grand Championship

*Lashley(c) def. Josh Barnett to retain the Impact Worlds Heavyweight Championship. Barnett originally defeated Lashley to win the title but there was controversy and referees argued so the match was restarted.

I hope Rosemary has strong shoulders.  With the Hardys gone, she'll have to carry the fed.  Lashley's new attitude is aces for the upper card, but it is not the thing on the roster that puts asses in seats.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Don't step on my dream.  It is a good dream.

I wonder when Courtney Rush will debut in NXT?

Crazy-ass Courtney Rush wrecking shop in NXT would be awesome.  Then she gets to Asuka who keeps getting her butt kicked by Courtney.  Put them in a Takeover match and whaddya get?  You guessed it, you get Asuka putting on the scary facepaint to counteract it!  And it leads to Asuka overcoming Courtney and winning.

And now after typing it I really need to see this happen.

• Like 5

Thank you kindly!  FWIW I would imagine Rosemary would be great in that demented Sister Abigail role.  And with that there's two reasons for her to GTFO of TNA and go to WWE where they can really market her in a unique way.

• Like 1

Fun show with some very good matches on this End of an Era episode of Impact. Great final stuff from the Hardys which will be missed terribly. Loved Moose/Galloway. Will definitely miss Drew as well. Rosemary/Jade was another good one from them. Thought Godderz looked great against Storm. Good stuff from Everett and Lee as well. Enjoyed the main with a different style from Lashley/Barnett, odd that they cut out the false finish stuff. Moose/Cody brawl was awesome too. Josh Mathews at his most ridiculous on this ep was amusing.

I was going to post last night all kinds of stuff like "Holy shit the Hardys in Joppa!" and have lots of !!!! and stuff like that.  But I'm too tired now to do that now so I'll just say it was very, very cool to see them come to our Market of Fleas in Joppa.   Still can't believe they came there and it's awesome to see myself and others on TV (one of them cosplayed as Matt and thankfully she was on there)  I'm almost kind of honored to be a part of this wonderfully wacky run that they've had in TNA and due to their creative minds it made for one helluva night.  Thanks, Hardys!

The rest of the show was largely good, I'm going to miss this part of TNA that had some good stuff going.  I'm not too keen on next week but we'll see what happens.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, caley said:

So I've only watched the first 45 minutes, but they're turning Matthews heel, aren't they?  All night long he's been defending the heels.

Matthews doing Heel Michael Cole was hilarious. 

Why is Moose complaining about his shoulder?  He was out here like 45 minutes ago!  I was literally thrown across the entire Impact Zone and had my ribs broken...by my good friend Cody Rhodes.... and i'm still out here!

Him heeling on the Grand Championship was hilarious also.  The clock is at 1 minute 30, so he should be disqualified at 1:20!  Meanwhile the ref is barely at a 4 count 30 seconds later.  That Moose/Galloway match highlighted just how stupid the Grand Championship is, what a dumb fucking concept.  You've got Barnett fighting Lashley for the World Title, when they would be much better off using guys like that to get over the Grand Championship as some kind of BattleArts worked shoot style.

And that Hardy's segment was awesome as usual.  If they are gone from TNA, does that mean they are going back to the WWE!

I kinda dug the main event and it made me long for a Bobby Lashley angle where he goes into various promotions and defeats their world champions.  I'd love to see a face or heel wrestler bring in bigger and scarier guys trying to take the title off Lashley and him just steamrolling them all.

Too bad the first thing the new creative did was take the title off him and put it on ADR.  Woof.

• 2 weeks later...

I popped for the Larry Legend appearance in the Hardy's MCW appearance.  Forgot he was working there.  Didn't really get why they kept calling it a National Tag Team title since we can see the MCW logo all over the place.  That was a huge crowd.  I guess all those autograph session at the knock of the current roster is worth it.  

Barnett vs Lashley just looked off.  I am going to assume that age is the main reason for that.  I haven't watch any of his stuff in New Japan

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hammerva said:

I popped for the Larry Legend appearance in the Hardy's MCW appearance.  Forgot he was working there.  Didn't really get why they kept calling it a National Tag Team title since we can see the MCW logo all over the place.  That was a huge crowd.  I guess all those autograph session at the knock of the current roster is worth it.  

Barnett vs Lashley just looked off.  I am going to assume that age is the main reason for that.  I haven't watch any of his stuff in New Japan

It was a huge crowd indeed.  For the first time ever they had to turn people away so kudos the the Hardys for bringing that kind of crowd.  The National Tag Title was strange, but at least MCW's logo was there.  And considering Larry still works there in the past year or so I can't remember the last time he did anything as part of the show.  Would love for him to talk about the fire exits like he used to.  As for the other autograph sessions, Melina had more people than I expected and I don't recall the local talent getting many people.