DVDVR Message Board

2016-17 NBA - 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

Also, fun fact, the Heat have now beaten Cleveland 12 in a row in Miami.  

I don't know how that's possible, but god damn son.  Let's hope the show keeps on going. 

So basically we need Boston to lose, Cavs to win in order for Cavs to take the 1 seed.

Then we need Pacers to lose, Bulls to win and Miami to win, so we get Miami vs. Cavs and Boston vs. Bulls in the first round.

• Like 1

Anyone who is upset with Westbrook's "uncontested" rebounds should look at the numbers so they can see that Harden is also grabbing a ton of uncontested rebounds. Not to mention, it is an OKC strategy where they WANT Westbrook to have the ball immediately because guess what?  They are much more efficient when he brings the ball up.  

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Anyone who is upset with Westbrook's "uncontested" rebounds should look at the numbers so they can see that Harden is also grabbing a ton of uncontested rebounds. Not to mention, it is an OKC strategy where they WANT Westbrook to have the ball immediately because guess what?  They are much more efficient when he brings the ball up.  

Not to mention that the Thunder are the best rebounding team in the entire league.  

So we are living in a world where 37 year-old Metta World Peace not only led the Lakers in scoring, but they still won the game anyway.  Five game win streak after losing 45 of their previous 55 games.

This really is the most bizarre winning streak I've seen in a long time.  But kudos to Walton for saying "screw tanking" and working with what he's got.  Lakers have had three straight years of lottery picks and it's gotten them nowhere. Why is the fourth time suddenly the charm?

The Lakers are desperately trying to tank and they just keep winning. It's hilarious. It's gonna cost them their pick this year and in 2019 and their rebuild is basically dead in the water unless a couple stars get starstruck by Magic.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Oh and speaking of Giannis and insane stat lines this year, he led the Bucks in points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals. Yup.

And he's only 22 years old.  We really have only seen the beginning of what he is capable of.

Nets announced they're resting six players against Chicago. Atlanta is resting five against Indiana.

So the Heat's road to the playoffs just got it by a mudslide.

Wow.  The 20 win Nets, who locked up the most ping pong balls last week, are still tanking.  That's fucking commitment. 

I hope Prokhorov is hit by lightning. 

Not to get your hopes up but this Bulls team has proven time and time again: If you serve something to us on a silver platter we will find a way to set ourselves on fire with it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Wow.  The 20 win Nets, who locked up the most ping pong balls last week, are still tanking.  That's fucking commitment. 

I hope Prokhorov is hit by lightning. 

The Celtics own their pick (great job Billy King!!!) so they aren't tanking they are just being total pricks.

I have to admit I was dead wrong about D'Antoni. 55 wins in the west is no joke. The move to point guard for Harden was genius, and even the defense improved from last year. I didn't think much of signing Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon, but that was the right move for D'Antoni's system. 

And, uh, Harden = MVP