DVDVR Message Board

2016-17 NBA - 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

Per ESPN

Lakers president and co-owner Jeanie Buss has thwarted a legal attempt by her older brothers, Johnny and Jim Buss, to strip her of her controlling ownership of the NBA team.

The Buss brothers had filed a motion to hold a meeting with the Lakers' minority owners next Tuesday to elect a new board of directors -- and to replace Jeanie Buss.

Lawyers for Jeanie Buss challenged the motion in Los Angeles Superior Court on Friday by filing a temporary restraining order, saying the Buss brothers' actions were continuing to "breach their duties" by challenging her controlling ownership.

The motion was subsequently withdrawn, and the meeting for next week has been canceled.

Everyone who is complaining about the Knicks not blaring loud obnoxious earsplitting noise for the first half today are idiots (and that especially goes for Draymond Green, whose greatest professional accomplishment was costing his team a title by acting like a jerk). People going to a basketball being allowed to watch a basketball game without all the other nonsense? What a novel concept!

• Like 2

I was at a D-League game here in town a couple of weeks ago, and there are moments where you can't hear yourself think from all the music blaring during gameplay. I can't imagine the coaches trying to communicate with the players like that.

Nice to see Kawhi Leonard is being mentioned in the MVP race. As a Spurs homer, of course I would love to see him win the award but he just needs to be in the conversation. I know Westbrook and Harden are having great stat years but Kawhi is having his best offensive year ever while also maintaining his DPOY status and keeping the Spurs in 2nd place (and closing in on the Warriors).  Should be a fun race to the end. 

10 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's a damn impressive performance, and he's been really good since the trade, but let's not discount the "Jahlil Okafor is really fucking bad" component.

FYP

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, goodhelmet said:

I just read that. This sucks. 

The good news is that last time he had a heart procedure he was able to play less than 3 weeks later.

Still, you gotta worry any time it's a heart problem.