DVDVR Message Board

SDL IS THE SHOW OF THE YEAR... AGAIN!!! (022117)

RIPPA

I honestly don't care who wins as long as they keep the WM match a one on one.

Looks like they're going to go with that mixed tag between the Cenas and the Miz's at mania after all.  Oh well, I'll need a chance to heat up some food.

I'd take the tough guy Usos promo more seriously if AA hadn't decisively beaten them several times already.

Any word on how long Naomi is out for?  A Mania moment with her getting the belt back seems likely.

Only watched the Battle Royale. That was one of the best Battle Royale's I can remember. It was really well laid out and built on a lot stories and started a few others. Miz taking it out on Kallisto (with a nasty kick on the apron) before fleeing Crews was good stuff. Loved Corbin getting his shine by tossing out Mojo and hitting End of Days twice -- one on Cena, even, and then laying out Dean on the floor. And that built to a really fun Dean comeback-for-naught spot. Miz sleazily taking out Cena (minutes after Maryse attacked Nikki) now sets up their deal.

The end between Luke and AJ was awesome. Luke's getting super over with more than just his fire and intensity. He's playing to the crowd ridiculously well. He knows when to look to the crowd for a response, when he needs to prompt the crowd a bit, etc. He's connecting and doing so with the back of the room. He's stood next to Bray for a few years, and that dude's so great at commanding the audience in all these little ways. Harper's picked up on those things, spun them into his own way, and now he's hitting his breakout moment.

The ending with the set-up for an awesome main event as it was surrounded by the darkness of Wyatt's laughter and Orton lurking behind him was really fantastic blocking.

Great work.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Hagan said:

I was watching in real-time but uh, AJ hit well before Harper right?

We'll never know since somehow not a single referee out of four or a single camera out of 12 were focused on the corner of the ring where the entire match was decided. Sad.

• Like 2

Naomi forfeiting the title sucks. Is she out of Wrestlemania for sure? I really hope not. Alexa was awesome on mic afterward though the match with Becky was kind of meh.

AA vs. Breezango as sadly short though the Usos' promo after was awesome.

Nikki/Nattie was decent. Nikki going for early covers made no sense, and there were some off moments. Still nice enough on the whole. Even Maryse's interference was nice, especially with Miz having to pull her off. Still pissed we are getting a couples tag because Miz, Cena, & Nikki deserve better.

I dug the promos for the battle royal going in. The actual match did little for me. I actually missed Crews, Kalisto, & Ziggler's eliminations due to my cable cutting out for a couple of minutes. The Ambrose/Styles/Harper segment at the end just seemed sloppy and not well thought out. The final supposed draw was especially terrible since it was obvious to everyone that AJ hit the floor first.

Main Event promo from The Usos there. Was glued to my TV for that one. A+ in content and delivery.

I really felt the hatred between Nattie/Nikki when Nattie loudly encouraged Nikki with a "Good job" after she hit the back spinning kick off the outside railing.

And I knew Dolph meant business when he Superkicked the GREEN SCREEN OF DEATH.

Great segment with Naomi and DB. She'll be even more over when she returns. Perhaps that's why they decided not to have Bayley relinquish the title last night... because they knew this would be happening tonight?

• Like 2

I think we get a triple threat at Mania.

Harper wins next week. Orton says "I've changed my mind and I want my title shot as the Rumble winner." Bryan says you can have it but Harper is staying in the match. Bam, 3 way Wyatt's title match with Bray and Harper at odds while Orton may or may not be turning.

Styles can then complain that he never got his 1 on 1 rematch, that Shane and Bryan have been screwing him and that if Bryan was still a man he would step in the ring to get beat by the Face that runs the Place. Shane the steps up and says he can go and that he will fight AJ at Mania.

Oh and the Uso's need the belts now. These guys were cash money tonight and came across as main event level. Give them a run and let them cripple some people along the way.

• Like 2

Another awesome night of Alexa Bliss. Greatness through the opening segment and I always dig her matches with Becky. Glad she's champ again, wish they never took it off and just held off for Naomi at Mania but oh well. Usos promo was some of their best stuff ever, that ruled. Loved the Nikki/Natalya brawl. Very fun show.

• Like 1

This was a pretty great night for wrestling as 205 was a good show and Talking Smack was great as always.

That battle royal was on the way to being probably the best worked battle royal I've seen buuuuuuutttttt.......

- Cena getting thrown out by Miz after he was already eliminated and it counting was total horse shit.  It would be one thing if Miz jumped him or helped someone else eliminate Cena, but him throwing Cena out on his own was the worst.

- they had to have botched that because it clearly looked like AJ hit first.  If they were going to stretch it out, they should have just made it "last two face off next week" because I really am looking forward to AJ/Luke, but the finish botch made everyone look bad having to sell a finish that didn't come off right.

That Usos promo was unintelligible, but I guess some of you had close captioning on the thing and thought it was okay. I'd been big on them lately, but that was gibberish.

Harper or AJ inserted into this trash Bray/Orton match can only help, but I'm sure it's being done to protect Bray for when they put the title on Orton.

Naomi thing SUCKED. Still think Alexa's schtick is dumb and her style doesn't fit her physique. Becky is the best Horsewoman and it sucks to see her wasted like this. Even the Bella is in a more interesting spot.

Battle Royal was pretty fun. Everyone Yessing to Miz should have their arms cut off. Can't believe they're doing this to Cena. Pretty clear AJ hit first or they'd have replayed it over and over. 

Okay show overall. Certainly not in the same stratosphere as last night's Raw, but fun.

4 minutes ago, bink_winkleman said:

That Usos promo was unintelligible, but I guess some of you had close captioning on the thing and thought it was okay. I'd been big on them lately, but that was gibberish.

That was the best promo cocaine could buy in 2017.  And they were clear from my usually poor hearing. (passes Binky some Q-tips)

• Like 1

I wonder if Vince's monitor has been hardwired to show past episodes from like 2008 that he's forgotten about or something as Harper being pushed and protected in this way is so bizarre. Could you imagine if that was the plan all a long? have Orton win the rumble to be Bray's enforcer and have Harper win the belt at Mania? If that was the case then Harper not winning the rumble was pretty dumb so the triple threat makes the most sense but this is really strong booking and has my full attention, I can see those 'Luke' chants catching on fast too. Luke fucking Harper is almost guaranteed to be in a WWE title match at WrestleMania, this is cool and there's a strong case you could make for Harper winning if his momentum continues.

Yeah whatever the 'so's were on during that seg I want a kilo of it. 

• Like 2