DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane III

Dolfan in NYC

At least they finally ended Charlotte's stupid streak. Otherwise this show was as about as disappointing as I expected. They let Sasha get a ppv win which was nice, but that good will was cancelled out by adding long Jinder/Show matches.

Other than the personal circumstances surrounding it, I'm not upset I had to cancel my Mania trip this year.

22 minutes ago, Victator said:

Show did plenty of jobs during Rusev's big run. So he can't get pissy over putting Show over. 

My issue was Joe taking the blue thunder bomb. 

It's not THAT he put him over. It's HOW he put him over....

11 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Someone needs to go re-watch UFC 1-5 or so and where they tested this theory out. 

Also there are literal ninjas, so that's a plus.

Can you pinpoint a specific card/match to seek out? Because ninjas.

25 minutes ago, Critts said:

I found it funny that early in the show the "Jack Tunney is my President" sign got confiscated and the "CNN is fake news" sign didn't.

That was a dumb sign. This is a wrestling show. Sign should've read "Vic Venom is Fake News"

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, Critts said:

I found it funny that early in the show the "Jack Tunney is my President" sign got confiscated and the "CNN is fake news" sign didn't.

Well, with the current POTUS temperament being what is, and the owner's wife being on the cabinet you can't look like you're disagreeing...

10 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

The first 5 UFC's are great. Ninja vs Sumo! Greco-Roman vs Monkey Style! 

A youtube search of "UFC ninjas" led to Gracie vs. Kimo, who carried a giant cross to a highly padded octagon. At one point, they clinched and almost went through the door. Oops.

• Like 1

The show would mostly be bad enough--a champ who can't work a match?--except it means we get absentee champ Brock next, then ceding the title to Roman, who will get all the way over this time for sure. I'm just not interested in any of that. 

Cruiserweights were great, though, and we're another step closer to heel Sasha. 

• Like 1

The whole Jinder/Rusev segment was weird.  Apparently, their tag team broke up on the pre-show? Then they have a lovers' quarrel in-ring, with Lana walking around in tinfoil hooker boots.  Mahal goes on to have a non-descript match with Cesaro, but Rusev gets murked by Big Show.  Losing to Show is no crime, but when the dude picks up your half-dead body out of the corner to punch you fully comatose, then I gotta ask what you've done to deserve such treatment. 

Two years ago: It's WM and Rusev's on a FUCKING TANK!

Now: punched silly by Big Show a month before WM

Is someone trying to run him out of WWE in hopes he'll leave Lana behind?  I still think they have heat for being together.

• Like 2

I don't get too pissed off at horrible booking anymore because I've gotten so used to it but holy shit Roman over Braun, the end to the women's match and then Owens/Goldberg was a grade A shit trifecta. 

the worst is Braun Stroman losing clean at a throwaway PPV.  He was getting over huge and they kill him dead for Roman.  Unbelievable.

Here's a few questions: 

Why have Braun lose here instead of WM? 

Why have AJ/Cena III at Royal Rumble instead of WM?

Why have Bayley win her first title on a random RAW instead of WM? 

Isn't WM supposed to be the fucking show where big things occur?  What is actually happening at WM? What is there to look forward to?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

He should be able to go an hour then. It's the guys that look like their sculpted out of stone that blow up five minutes in.

Speaking of which, Braun looks like he's dropped about 30 pounds in the last few months, but in a good way. His cardio for a 20 minute match was better than I was expecting. 

21 minutes ago, Fallacy! said:

It's really saying something that Roman Reigns was the only babyface to get booed tonight, considering that Milwaukee audience was probably the least smarky PPV crowd WWE has had in years. 

The crowd hated him. Does anyone in the company think beating Taker will make him more likeable?

Just now, JCM said:

The crowd hated him. Does anyone in the company think beating Taker will make him more likeable?

I think the old man who fed Cole the line "You gotta believe in the Big Dog now, how can you not?" tonight probably thinks that.

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Why have Braun lose here instead of WM? 

Why have AJ/Cena III at Royal Rumble instead of WM?

Why have Bayley win her first title on a random RAW instead of WM? 

Isn't WM supposed to be the fucking show where big things occur?  What is actually happening at WM? What is there to look forward to?

Of all the things to complain about, I have to protest this one. Important things should happen at different shows. The booking trend where Mania is the show where everything important happens every year is one of the many reasons WWE booking is so shit. Like the main reason we're all dreading Mania this year is because the best guys won't get the most prestigious spots on the only show WWE presents as being worth a damn. I always think of how Bash at the Beach went from cheesy concept show to A Big Deal every year after the NWO. Likewise, Survivor Series was a dead gimmick that was already just another show by 97, but the name regained a lot of prestige after Montreal. WWE would be much better off if people could say "Remember when THIS happened at THIS SHOW" instead of forcing a "Remember when (a hundred things) happened at an un-numbered Wrestlemania" narrative.

I agree with the individual criticisms about this show though. Even though we all knew they were coming, it was still sad to watch.

• Like 1

Have to say I'm finding it highly amusing watching people crying over Owens' shit-ass title reign finally ending. Or Braun's albatross of a win streak. Or Charlotte's PPV streak.

Roman/Braun and the CW Title match were fantastic while the main was booked how it should've been booked. Rest wasn't all that good, but the only match that disappointed me was Bayley/Charlotte since it was the only one I had any expectations for. Oh well.

• Like 2