DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane III

Dolfan in NYC

Who did Rusev piss off?  That was some "Giving Watts Notice I'm leaving the territory" shit there.

The bloom off Bayley's rose yet?  Because that match was BAD.

• Like 1

I did like the storyline of the Bayley/Charlotte match at least in that it was booked and worked to underscore the story they are setting up.

Mind you I hate the storyline of the babyface who wins through a heel friend interfering. It's only great when the interfering heel is a complete lunkhead...i.e. it's only good when the interfering heel is Luger.

But in terms of setting up that story, the match itself was great. Charlotte dominated Bayley.  Bayley was completely and visibly frustrated. Even when she legit botched a move it looked like it fit because nothing was working for her. She was out-worked and psyched out and she won undeservedly.

Also I've never been so happy to see Sasha as when she interrupted Charlotte from doing whatever Charlotte was pretending to be about to do.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fallacy! said:

I'm ready to immediately place Fastlane 2017 above December To Dismember and Bash 91 as the worst PPV in wrestling history.

How does it compare to Heroes of Wrestling?

2 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

Who did Rusev piss off?  That was some "Giving Watts Notice I'm leaving the territory" shit there.

Remember when Rusev beat the Big Show with the Accolade?

Pepperidge Farm remembers

• Like 1

So our world title match at Wrestlemania will feature a guy who wrestles once every 3 month vs a guy who can't wrestle for more than 2 minutes.  That is going to be something to see how they pull this off.  

And yes the Cruisers dominated this show.  

You knew Rippa was pissed off when he violated his own replying in the middle of PPV rules.  Can't say I disagree at that point

Okay, not to be the Gregg here, but the Braun/Roman match also told a decent story. The only thing that kept Roman in it was

- his ability to absorb punishment

- his willingness to work heel

it was that first thing that forced Braun to do things he shouldn't try. Yes, he's agile, and because he is he kind of rope-a-doped himself into three stupid moves that all backfired on him. He lost patience because Roman is Roman and Roman took advantage because deep down Roman is an asshole too.

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 11:29 PM, zev said:

Boot. Bayley to Belly. Pin. I'm talking Magnum TA Saturday Evening Squash here.

Enjoy reading "wrestling twitter" and forums for a while.

See if they'd chosen this to be their squash match instead, people might be happier right now.

Neville and Gallagher was incredibly entertaining. Don't die for our sins, Jack, we aren't worth it. 

Sucked that Braun lost but he at least was booked strong during the match and I'd guess he'll get his win back shortly. I don't think he'll be hurt too much from this.

The rest?  Terrible.

Ever notice how the WORST part of the year, generally, for WWE - especially booking-wise - is that period from December to March with the build to Wrestlemania.  It's just so incomprehensibly bad.  Like, it leads to stuff like...

54OHE1dDophEZMx-Z-wPiYiErUsXSvrJ.jpg
this?

So far this year we've already got Reigns beating Strowman and ending the streak clean, to go with Randy Orton defiling a grave and committing arson in order to turn babyface?

The best way to watch WWE is to start the day after Wrestlemania then watch the Royal Rumble and quit until the day after WM.  But we're all masochists, so we'll stick it out, myself included.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Thibs said:

Actually really looking forward to this. I think they've done a good job finally differentiating the brands in recent months and I'm into WWE for the first time in years. 

Although both Reigns/Strawman and Goldberg/Owens could be disasters if not booked properly. 

Andddddddd they did exactly what I feared lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

The guy in the front row dressed like Bray had the wrong kind of hat on. Bray wears a fedora, and he was wearing a pork pie.

Bray wears a trilby, not a fedora.

And that's literally the only part of this show I care to discuss. 

• Like 2