DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane III

Dolfan in NYC

Owens loses the Universal Title to Goldberg (ugh) after Jericho and possibly Brock interference.

Charlotte beats Bayley via DQ or Countout to keep her PPV streak intact, but Bayley keeps the title leading in to Mania

Neville beats Gallagher to retain the Cruiserweight Title

The Club beats Enzo/Cass to retain the Tag Team Titles

Braun Strowman either beats Roman Reigns when UT shows up to cost Reigns the match, or the whole thing ends in a schmozz after UT shows up. Either way, Taker shows up to start setting up the Reigns/UT match at Mania.

Samoa Joe beats Sami Zayn

• Like 1

I find it weird nobody has the guts not to counter program the Oscars. Doesn't the show struggle for ratings? Isn't that why they had Seth Mcfarlane and James Franco host?

I can't imagine WWE has the same demo, why not do the special on the network the same night?

6 hours ago, Matt D said:

At least Bayley gets to be champ for another week before she falls prey to the most important title in the company: Charlotte's PPV streak.

When did it become more important than Being John Cena?

1 hour ago, Victator said:

Bayley should brain her with a chair to get DQ'ed. 

Boot. Bayley to Belly. Pin. I'm talking Magnum TA Saturday Evening Squash here.

Enjoy reading "wrestling twitter" and forums for a while.

1 minute ago, zev said:

That would help them long term. I think the Raw title match drew poor ratings because of the ppv streak gimmick. They flip flopped the title with this gag too many times last year. 

41 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Whomever came up with Charlotte's ppv winning streak deserves 5 Minutes Alone with Braun. The stupid winning streak has completely devauled the title. I really have no interest in the Raw women's division because of it. 

WWE's obsession with streaks, title reign lengths, and other arbitrary metrics has been screwing things up for a few years now.  The way they're trying to force importance on things fans wouldn't ordinarily care about or notice is making programs going on much longer than they need to and resulting in title runs or wrestlers getting stale.  Not to mention the predictability when a streak or record is about to be broken.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Victator said:

I find it weird nobody has the guts not to counter program the Oscars. Doesn't the show struggle for ratings? Isn't that why they had Seth Mcfarlane and James Franco host?

I can't imagine WWE has the same demo, why not do the special on the network the same night?

It's on a three year skid, but it tends to be the highest or very close to highest rated non-NFL US broadcast of the year. Overnight ratings put it at about 33 million last night.

17 hours ago, Web Conn said:

If Charlotte wins by DQ technically her streak is still in tact.

Yeah, since they are making a big deal of the streak and it would be in their best interests to protect both ladies in the advent of WM, I think they are setting up for Sasha to interfere before Charlotte tries to cripple Bayley and Bayley will lose by DQ.

Charlotte wins but Bayley is still champ.

• Like 1

Predictions.

Goldberg takes the WWE Championship from Kevin Owens. I can see Brock Lesnar and Chris Jericho inteference.

Roman Reigns beats Braun Strowman. Ideally Braun would win cleanly.

Bayley loses the WWE RAW Women’s Championship to Charlotte with possible Sasha Banks costing Bayley the title. I could see this going the other way with Bayley retaining.

Luke Gallows/Karl Anderson defend the WWE RAW Tag Team Titles against Enzo/Big Cass. I don't give a shit.

Neville retains the WWE Cruiserweight Championship against Jack Gallagher.

Samoa Joe defeats Sami Zayn

Sasha Banks beats Nia Jax. heart overrules head.

Pre-show:

Rich Swann/Akira Tozawa beats The Brian Kendrick/Noam Dar..

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yes - but all of this is leading to Charlotte winning at Mania

Because that is the feel good story the crowd really wants...

Hey, I am not thrilled about it, but that seems to be the way this is headed.  WM has traditionally been a feel good go home show but that usually only applies to the upper card and the main.

Some people are saying Brock interferes and costs Goldberg the title. That doesn't make (kayfabe) sense to me. With the match locked in for mania, why would Brock sabotage his own chance at winning the title back? If anything he'd make sure Goldberg wins it. 

If anybody interferes it'll be Jericho, maybe before the fight starts so Owens just rolls in, gets speared and jackhammered. 

But would they have interference to set up a mania match in both main events? If the Reigns/Taker match is to go ahead, it would make sense if Taker gets Reigns back for the rumble elimination. It would also mean Braun would go over and stay strong, instead of being booked like a monster for months only to job clean to Roman on a throwaway PPV. 

• Like 1

This show should be so easy to book...

• Gallagher beats Neville (AA returns soon to become the real king of the CWs)
  • Sasha squeaks out a win over Nia (Nia already has a claim to the title on the count of pinning Bayley on Raw)
  • Bayley beats Charlotte clean (jealousy abound from Sasha)
  • Club vs. Enzo/Cass can go either way
  • Joe beats Sami decisively
  • Braun beats Roman in a hard fought match (Roman goes the "I need to prove myself so I'm challenging UT at WM" route)
  • Owens retains in a clusterfuck (Brock costs Goldberg the match, Jericho returns and beats up KO after, or the other way around)

I'm guessing the show will look nothing like that, though.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mr Harms said:

Some people are saying Brock interferes and costs Goldberg the title. That doesn't make (kayfabe) sense to me. With the match locked in for mania, why would Brock sabotage his own chance at winning the title back? If anything he'd make sure Goldberg wins it. 

You could explain it as Brock wants to make Goldberg suffer and he knows he can get the belt back anytime he wants it. So at the moment the personal grudge is more a priority. 

Would WWE explain it, probably not. 

After last night's Smackdown I remembered something. After we all post interesting possibilities for characters based on current runs and crowd reactions, the WWE will always stick with chalk. Goldberg over Owens in a squash and Roman topples the monster so he can face UT.

On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎28 at 10:02 AM, J.T. said:

Hey, I am not thrilled about it, but that seems to be the way this is headed.  WM has traditionally been a feel good go home show but that usually only applies to the upper card and the main.

I think WM ends up being a 4-way match, and Bayley (ha, finally got it right!!!!!) ends up stealing a pin on Charlotte from Sasha, who then loses her mind and turns heel.

9 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

After last night's Smackdown I remembered something. After we all post interesting possibilities for characters based on current runs and crowd reactions, the WWE will always stick with chalk. Goldberg over Owens in a squash and Roman topples the monster so he can face UT.

WWE will always go with the least interesting possibility, unless their hand is absolutely forced, like the Daniel Bryan WM 30 situation.

• Like 2

On 2/27/2017 at 11:29 PM, zev said:

We should have at least got a little bit of Charlotte trying to class Bayley up. Maybe a video of buying Bayley an expensive dress only for Bayley to rip it to shreds in the ring. I mean if you want to go full Magnum TA. Though we can't have Charlotte go full Ric Flair and be stripped down to her boxer shorts in this day and age anymore.

• Like 1