DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane III

Dolfan in NYC

Pretty happy I watched What Ever Happened to Baby Jane instead of this last night, as, based on most of the reactions in this thread, I wonder if I wouldn't like the matches I just watched a lot less if I had had to watch them within the context of this show as a whole.

Specifically, I though Strowman/Reigns was excellent, and I don't hate the ending at all. Strowman escalating and doing increasingly athletic things is fine for his character, I think.

Sasha climbing up and down Nia was probably my favorite wrestling thing of the night.

Bayley/Charlotte was a little disappointing, though, especially that finis.

Somebody I work with who was a big wrestling fan during the Attitude Era and a very casual fan for the last several years decided to sign up for the WWE Network to catch this show and WrestleMania. He barely watches RAW, so isn't very aware of the ongoing storylines nor has he gotten in to the stuff about who's "overpushed" or things like that. So I asked him what he thought of the show. First thing he mentioned was how great the Cruiserweight match was. Then he said he thought the Roman Reigns/Braun Strowman match was amazing. Thought the "lady's title match" was really good. He said he understands wanting/needing to bring back older names here and there, but giving the title to Goldberg was "a little too far". He said he felt the ending fell flat and he wasn't a fan of the short match. And this is a guy who was a huge Goldberg fan in the 90s. Just thought it was interesting to get this point of view from somebody who WWE is clearly catering to with this Goldberg thing and run in the Mania.

• Like 2

I went to the show Sunday. Had tickets at the top of the ramp opposite the announcer desk. While the show was fun to watch in a crowd, when I re-watched parts of it today, I could see why it didn't really work out. But the last 3 matches didn't make much sense right away.