DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane III

Dolfan in NYC

Fastlane: End of the Road (to Wrestlemania)

For the WWE Universal Championship:  Kevin Owens (c, without Chris Jericho :() vs. Goldberg

For the WWE Raw Women's Championship: Bayley (c) vs. Charlotte

For the WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Neville (c) vs. Gentleman Jack Gallagher

For the WWE Tag Team Championship: The Club (c) vs. Enzo & Cass

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman

Samoa Joe vs. Sami Zayn* (probable)

• Like 1

I look at KO vs Goldberg and I wonder if this is where Goldberg injures himself, leaving WWE in a bind. I certainly wouldn't mind if this happened and the title match became KO vs Brock.

Charlotte beats Bayley for the title. Yawn.

I'm not sure what to expect from Neville vs Gallagher if they get at least 12 to 13 minutes. It could be a great match, but I don't know how well Gallagher's comedy stuff will play into Neville being a dick. As in, I like Gallagher tying someone in a knot, but if it happens to Neville, that will seem like a bad move.

In the tag match, you wonder who is going to get killed or seriously injured between Doc, Enzo, and Cass. Someone is going to walk away with a concussion and shit is going to get botched.

The last two matches, other than the Cruiserweight title match, are the ones I'm looking forward to the most. I can't believe how much I like Braun now. The dude has gone miles in the last year. You think back to Batista and he was paired up against Benoit and put with Flair and HHH to become a better worker. Braun doesn't have those luxuries and he's managed to come a long, long, long way in the last year. Anything other than Taker costing Reigns the match and getting pinned by Braun, or a DQ finish, is unacceptable.

Joe vs Sami will be really fun. That's going to be awesome.

They only matches I care about are Sami vs Joe and Charlotte vs Bayley. I like the Club enough to hope they aren't going to immediately drop the titles to Cesaro and Sheamus again because for one, I really want Cesaro to go single again. The WWE has been hinting that they still see Sheamus as the bigger star for whatever the fuck reason which is crazy, but Cesaro can't get saddled with Sheamus who has done fuck all for years now.

If Strowman does a hurricarana or kip-up, he is getting my vote for March Madness.

The show doesn't look bad. With only 5 matches they need to add a few more matches, 2 to the main card and of course the Kickoff match.

I think they need to get the US Title off Jericho at this show, that way they can have a multi-man ladder match at Mania for the US Title with the RAW guys they don't have anything for (I.E. Joe, Zayn, Rusev). Maybe this upcoming Monday have idk Mark Henry win a No. 1 Contenders match for the US Title at Fastlane. Then at Fastlane, have Owens interfere, leading to Henry picking up the win. Then at Mania do Henry vs Joe vs Zayn vs Rusev vs Reigns in a Ladder Match for the US Title.

Braun should beat Reigns and face Taker at Mania and beat him. Then go on and defeat Lesnar for the Universal Title the next night.

Goldberg is gonna beat Owens, its happening. Like I've stressed before I want to see Owens get some offense in. Even if its a five minute match just let Owens look strong. My ideal scenario would be Owens palying cat and mouse with Goldberg early on, Goldberg getting some power moves in with Owens getting in his offense then going back on the defensive, then like 4 minutes in Owens has the upper hand sequencing up to his finish with Jericho coming out and getting payback on Owens for earlier in the night. Then Goldberg hits the spear and the jackhammer and gets the three.

To fill out the card and give the New Day, Rusev and Shaemus and Cesaro something to do set something up in the next couple weeks to have a ten man tag match between New Day and The Golden Truth vs Rusev, Jinder Mahal, Shaemus, Cesaro and Titus O'Neal. Just gives everyone something to do.

And the Kickoff match could be a 6 man Cruisers match.

I think Baylay should retain, I know they want to keep Charlotte's PPV streak going, maybe a DQ victory for Char, Sasha's interference backfires and gets Baylay DQed leading to Sasha turning on Baylay leading up to the 4 Way match at Mania. 3 run ins on one PPV might seem like a little too much but if every other match has a clean finish it will be alright.

As much as I like Gallagher, I think Neville should retain at Fastlane, especially if they are building towards Neville vs Aries at Mania. Gallagher isn't going anywhere they are high on him (he was the only Cruiser in the Rumble) he'll get a Cruiser Title reign soon enough.

The Club vs Enzo and Cass, I want to see Enzo and Cass win the Tag Straps but I think they are going to hold off on it until Mania. Maybe have Charly Caruso run into Shaemus and Cesaro after the ten man tag with the two visibly frustrated with the loss say something along the lines of they are going to make a statement tonight. Fast foward to the end of the Tag Title Match Enzo and Cass have it on lock they are going to win it, Shaemus and Cesaro run in beating up Enzo and Cass leading to a no contest. Then at Mania we get The Club vs Shaemus and Casero and Enzo and Cass with Enzo and Cass getting the Tag Titles. 

In Kevin Owens' great promo on RAW this week he said you have to outlast Goldberg to win. For this, Owens vs. Bill bout needs the return of HEADLICK MASTER!

EDIT: I'm keeping the typo as it cracks me up.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, The Natural said:

In Kevin Owens' great promo on RAW this week he said you have to outlast Goldberg to win. For this, Owens vs. Bill bout needs the return of HEADLICK MASTER!

EDIT: I'm keeping the typo as it cracks me up.

When did he beat the Bushwhackers for that title?

• Like 2

After watching the Brock/Heyman promo on last weeks Raw i don't think that Lesnar V Goldberg needs the title its got enough to run off without it.

That said, KO V Y2J has enough to run off too without the title. Do they really close out Mania with Goldberg or Brock celebrating? Seems weird.

Im against that image anyway seeing as Miz/AJ/KO/Y2J would be more deserving for the work they've put in last 12 months. Even Cena breaking the record would do it for me. 

For the WWE Universal Championship:  Kevin Owens (c, without Chris Jericho :() vs. Goldberg

For the WWE Raw Women's Championship: Bayley (c) vs. Charlotte

For the WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Neville (c) vs. Gentleman Jack Gallagher

For the WWE Tag Team Championship: The Club (c) vs. Enzo & Cass

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman

Samoa Joe vs. Sami Zayn* (probable)

Goldberg b. KO in what I expect will be a smoke-and-mirrors abound kinda match. 

Charlotte b. Bayley b/c they hot-shotted the title change and they have to keep that meaningless streak in tact >:O 

Neville b. Jack in what I anticipate is an awesome, perhaps show-stealing match 

Club b. Cass & Enzo *I hope* because Enzo fucking sucks 

Braun b. Roman...I think. It seems like Braun's getting the deserved monster build. I think this match should be awesome, anyway. Braun's being bringing it lately, and Roman, for all his faults, always seems to come through in the ring. 

Joe b. Sami in a tremendous match, where Sami bumps like a madman and both guys come out looking better for it. 

There was a rumor/report that Owens/Goldberg was going to be another squash similar to the Lesnar match.  I'm ok with that if, and only if, Goldberg comes out first and when Owens is making his entrance, Jericho returns, attacks, and throws Owens into the ring for a spear and jackhammer.

I pay attention and thought it was last night

Around 5 pm - I mentioned I was gonna watch it to my wife and she was like "they are running a show against the Oscars?"

That is when I checked and realized it was next week

I too thought it was last night and went to turn the preshow on around 7:40 and it was swerved and I thought what the shit they aren't doing a preshow? and then at 8 last years Fastlane started up and I was all what's going on and then I realized it was next week. They have a whole week to kill my interest in the card still.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I pay attention and thought it was last night

Around 5 pm - I mentioned I was gonna watch it to my wife and she was like "they are running a show against the Oscars?"

That is when I checked and realized it was next week

I was all set to watch this when I got home and thought they goofed on the thumbnail image.  Imagine my surprise to see it was last year's show.  At least there was Walking Dead.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 1:00 PM, The Iron Yuppie said:

Braun b. Roman...I think. It seems like Braun's getting the deserved monster build. I think this match should be awesome, anyway. Braun's being bringing it lately, and Roman, for all his faults, always seems to come through in the ring. 

There's no finish that can truly work. Roman doesn't need to lose going to Taker.  But if he wins, folks will shit in their own mouths and cry that Braun is being ruined.  If Braun wins clean, Reigns looks like a five-dollar whore who put out for two bucks. Taker interference is the best they can do, but it's so contrived.

They should have held off with this rivalry, but they stupidly rushed it and here we are. No matter what, the bitching from both sides will be in full force (I include myself in that).