DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane III

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It has nothing to do with Goldberg being Jewish. My point was that WWE security would never let a Cane Gage Goldberg sign fly. That's unfortunate since watching Goldberg lose his mind over it would be quite the spectacle.

That's fair.  I wasn't accusing you of anything, to be clear.  It just caught me for a loop. Being a multi-minority will do that to a person!

Gave up the Network in January with the intention of getting it back for Mania, not gonna after reading abou last nights show. 

I've said it here before but Mania closes with either Lesnar or Goldberg celebrating with the belt? Horseshit. 

This is the year where Punks "part timer" gripe really hits home with me.

• Like 3

Charlotte's winning streak was bad and needed to not be a thing....but ending said streak is somehow worse?

Winning streaks are bad in general...unless they are ended by Reigns, in which case they should stay intact?

And the best ways to combat having C.M. Punk chants was to actually give an act in the company some ice cream bars and give a different non-full timer the Universal Cable Title?

Do I have all that right?

• Like 1

To be honest, KO dropping the title to Goldberg probably bugged me the least on this show just because how much it was a foregone conclusion that the match would follow the same format as Goldberg beating Brock.

Also, the part timers thing bugged me in the past, but after seeing everything from Survivor Series on, it bugs me even more with Goldberg and makes me think it wasn't that big of a deal before now. Based on what we've seen, Goldberg can't work a match. It was really cool to see such an unexpected outcome between him and Brock, but now it's become the anti-Brock Suplex City match format and it looks like that's the extent of what Goldberg can do. It's either that, or they're being so protective of Goldberg, worrying that he'll be crippled working anywhere close to a 5 minute match, that they're keeping his matches ultra short until WM. Either way, it's lame.

BTW, to the comment earlier about Goldberg looking more like a champ or whatever and KO not because KO is fat, FUUUUUCK ALLLLLL THAAAAT. Goldberg has a great body, but looks old as shit and did look tired just from walking to the ring. Who gives a fuck if he's tanned and has a great body? Dudes like that in wrestling are a dime a dozen. By that logic, re-sign Alex Riley for a similar deal. Sorry, but dudes like KO and Samoa Joe look more like ass kickers and fighters to me and like someone you wouldn't want to fuck with more than a dude who spends a ton of time either sticking needles in his ass or getting pumped up in Gold's Gym. The guys who look like they would kick the shit out of you look way more like a champion than a dude who is shredded and over the hill.

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, peterien said:

Gave up the Network in January with the intention of getting it back for Mania, not gonna after reading abou last nights show. 

I've said it here before but Mania closes with either Lesnar or Goldberg celebrating with the belt? Horseshit. 

No, it's going to end with Undertaker bowing before Reigns and proclaiming him the new Phenom.

And no, I'm not joking.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

The last 2-3 minutes of Bayley/Charlotte was iffy, but having Bayley be the one to beat Charlotte's streak has potential.  That has to stick in Sasha's craw.

If ending Charlotte's stupid streak means so much to Sasha why did she help Bayley win? I have to say I really didn't see Lie Cheat and Steal as Bayley's main roster gimmick lol.

Just now, Fallacy! said:

No, it's going to end with Undertaker bowing before Reigns and proclaiming him the new Phenom.

And no, I'm not joking.

and the crowd shitting all over it

• Like 3

Oh yeah, regarding the New Day, I think we talked about it on here when they were heels, but remember when we said that they would eventually turn face because they were too damn funny and likable and at that point, creative would just run the act into the ground? Yeah, they're running their act so far into the fucking ground at this point that having them host WM and do this shit all night long is like WWE trying to see if they can tunnel all the way to the core of the planet. Big E doing Biggie was great though.

It does make me think of reading Live From New York and seeing all the various shit the writers would throw into sketches that the people in standards and practices just wouldn't get or know of. Like last night, I can only imagine the planning for that New Day bit and Vince asking, "what's this word here, 'skeet?'" only for some writer or someone from the New Day explain that it just means to toss something all over something else.

23 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Rusev isn't as powerful as Shaq. And he never will be.

I want to see Rusev in New Japan whenever his time in the 'E is up. I can't be the only one that's thought of how good that could be.

• Like 1

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I want to see Rusev in New Japan whenever his time in the 'E is up. I can't be the only one that's thought of how good that could be.

Can he bring along Luke Harper, now that his push has been killed?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Yeah, KO's run as Universal champ was doomed from the start.  He didn't even win it, HHH did all the cheating and then handed him the belt like an old piece of beef jerky. Then for the next six months, KO and Jericho preceded to do a mid-card comedy act where KO came behind a scarf and a clipboard.  All that happened without Goldberg.

That's not to say I like the idea of a semi-retired wrestler beating a full-time guy who will likely be with WWE for the next decade. That sort of booking is why the company has issues building new stars.  But the problems surrounding KO have nothing to do with Goldberg.  Billy Boy was just a means to get out of the situation.

As for Reigns-Strowman: I thought it was a well-constructed match. Reigns really sold Braun's offense outside the 1-2 typical WWE hero spots. Strowman overpowered Roman throughout the match, and RR's usual arsenal wasn't getting the job done.  But Strowman didn't count on the guy being able/willing to take such an ass whupping. Roman won because he's the veteran of the two and has more in-ring knowledge. When Braun made a mistake, Reigns would capitalize.

And that's interesting, because it's been shown that Braun is no dummy. He'll learn and adapt.  He's got the physical skill set, he just needs the experience. Reigns will have to figure out a way to stay one step ahead of him.  Get his hands even dirtier. So if they continue to book him in that way, a future meeting between Roman and Braun should be even better.

Besides, they have clear WM plans for Reigns and almost nothing for Braun.  No sense in Roman losing heading toward the Undertaker. The guy hadn't won a PPV match since HIAC. It was time to correct that. Strowman can eliminate all 19 guys in the Andre Battle Royal and be back on track instantly.

The last 2-3 minutes of Bayley/Charlotte was iffy, but having Bayley be the one to beat Charlotte's streak has potential.  That has to stick in Sasha's craw. Bayley appears to be going along with Sasha's shenanigans for now. Eventually, Banks is going to lull Bayley into a false sense of security and use that friendship/naiveté against her to get the belt. That's not the way I would have told Bayley's story on the main roster, but it could work.

It's dependent on storytelling, and we know how that goes in WWE.  But that's been the case for years.  That problem didn't just pop up last night.

There's literally nothing that I disagree with.

I really loved the callback to the Big Show match in the finish for Roman/Braun. He underestimated the resilience of a main event-level guy and went outside of his wheelhouse just like Show underestimated him and went to the top rope only to get caught and lose. I expect absolute dynamite when they hook up again for another long match.

2 minutes ago, JCM said:

If ending Charlotte's stupid streak means so much to Sasha why did she help Bayley win? I have to say I really didn't see Lie Cheat and Steal as Bayley's main roster gimmick lol.

Because it lulls Bayley into thinking she's finally made it and is one of the cool kids. And Sasha thinks that not only can she get the belt off Bayley, she can keep it off Bayley.  Which she wasn't able to do with Charlotte.

Yeah, it's not my ideal angle for Bayley, either.  But it seems like that's what they're going with.

I mean, we all knew Owens was going to lose. But it irks me how. Somebody mentioned earlier that Jericho, who has issue with Owens and likely to fight him at Mania, interferes to get the belt from Owens. What fucking sense does that make? I think it makes Jericho fucking stupid.  I admit that may be he asshole smark in me saying that. 

But Goldberg is a nostalgia act. If you're watching the PPV, you likely have the Network. On said network, you can watch some of the old school Goldberg shit, like, say, the shit he had going on with Jericho. And the stories about fucking Goldberg being told not to sell/job for Jericho on a bunch of docs. Why the fuck is Jericho helping Greenberg win the title? It's almost like finally signing Sting and having the nWo come in and help him in a match, but that would never fucking happen, I guess. 

2 minutes ago, Fallacy! said:

WHO COULD DOUBT THE BIG DOG NOW?!

It's da Big Dog's yard now! Everyone else is just a...uh...raccoon?

That was pretty cringe worthy. I sat there wondering what the fuck Lawler was even talking about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fallacy! said:

And no, I'm not joking.

10x worse.

Does Cole get to scream "WHAT A MOMENT"?

Reigns destroying Taker as a show ender would certainly be something though.

• Like 1