DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane III

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, PetrolCB said:

Roman fucking wore sneakers in his match.

What next, is he going to wear them in the pool?

At Mania he'll wrestle wearing socks with sandals.  That will spell full blown heel turn right there.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

Likewise, Survivor Series was a dead gimmick that was already just another show by 97, but the name regained a lot of prestige after Montreal.

Nothing to support this. WWF did World title changes in 95 and 96. 

3 hours ago, caley said:

The best way to watch WWE is to

not watch WWE.

Not to brag but I spent my Sunday eating steak, drinking, making embarrassed smalltalk with the cashier at Barnes and Noble that I had to return a skipping copy of Doggystyle to, and listening to Iron Maiden. They ain't gonna do what you want, so don't waste your time. 

This is of course easy for me to say because I don't have the Network and I work during Raw and Smackdown so if things were different, I'd probably be pissed too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Go2Sleep said:

Of all the things to complain about, I have to protest this one. Important things should happen at different shows. The booking trend where Mania is the show where everything important happens every year is one of the many reasons WWE booking is so shit.

I don't really agree with this.  I don't think everything that's important should be at Mania but WM IS the biggest show of the year and WM "moments" is a real thing.  That's the show that has the most eyeballs. If Charlotte wins her 5th championship on April 2nd, who cares?  Wouldn't it have been better to give Bayley her first title win there where it has the most potential to turn her into a big star?

You don't want to book WM like a random RAW in July.  It is supposed to feel special and there are supposed to be big moments to lead into the new year.

Roman beat Stroman because Reigns is a higher level caliber of talent than he's used to fighting. It's like when Corbin ran into Cena on Smackdown. So he had no game plan  since his previous plans worked well against lesser talent.

Charlotte lost because she got rid of Dana and then Bayley only won because she needed help because she's not good enough to beat Charlotte on her own.

I'm okay with Goldberg winning because it gets the belt off of Owens. Add in the fact Owens story is of a cocky heel who can't win on his own who mistakenly got rid of the one person who would always help him right before facing the one man who can win quickly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Victator said:

Nothing to support this. WWF did World title changes in 95 and 96. 

World titles change hands on ppv, yes. Doesn't change that multi-feud tag gimmick was becoming obsolete as a selling point in the MNW era, and the screwjob is way more associated with the Survivor Series name than Sid's title win.

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't really agree with this.  I don't think everything that's important should be at Mania but WM IS the biggest show of the year and WM "moments" is a real thing.  That's the show that has the most eyeballs. If Charlotte wins her 5th championship on April 2nd, who cares?  Wouldn't it have been better to give Bayley her first title win there where it has the most potential to turn her into a big star?

You don't want to book WM like a random RAW in July.  It is supposed to feel special and there are supposed to be big moments to lead into the new year.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have big moments at WM. They just shouldn't funnel every major storyline to end there. There's only so much space on the Mania card (even when it lasts 100 hours), and letting other shows be devalued as "throwaways" hurts the product. The whole "we need to get more eyes on Mania" attitude is why Goldberg's carrying the strap into the show this year, instead of letting it be the centerpiece to an organic, star-making feud for KO with Jericho. The more Mania moments they try to manufacture, the less special they become.

The show tonight was pretty good up until a certain point. That certain point for me was when Roman Reigns did his Superman act after Braun was beating on him for 98% of the match. Now, back in my "I hate Super Cena" days it was because it was always the same thing. But at least Cena didn't look like he was going to drop dead two minutes into a match. And I thought The Rock had bad cardio on his comeback tour. Roman's whole deal is "get his ass kicked, looked dead most of the match, pop back up Superman...spear". Oh man, if they go where we think they are going with this talk of "his yard", they can't possibly expect him to ever be a good guy going into Mania.

Charlotte vs. Bayley for some reason is a match that never clicks. When they face each other it all seems to fall apart. I have yet to see them have a good match with each other and tonight was no different. They just don't mesh well with each other. And Bayley should have not been champion coming into this match. The simplest story would have been Charlotte doing everything it took to hold onto that belt into Mania. She is a Flair after all. Now we're gonna have a mess with Stephanie and this stupid streak that no one cares about and the teasing of Sasha eventually turning on Bayley and Nia looming around cause why not.

There were so many ways Goldberg/Owens could have went and they went the one way it shouldnt have. Brock vs. Goldberg didn't need the Universal title added to the match. Jericho/Owens now gets shoved further down the Mania card since it's US Title at best. I will say this, Goldberg of 2016-17 is how the Goldberg of 2003-2004 should have been. Of course Vince is always ten or so years off when it comes to this stuff.

• Like 1

I understand the argument for Wrestlemania moments. It just makes it more infuriating when big deals like Strowman being pinned and Bryan's knee being kicked out of get pissed away on Roman at Fastlane the month prior.

4 hours ago, just drew said:

Bayley would be fantastic if they'd just let her do what she did in nxt that got her so over. Instead, we put her in a position to fail because we're wwe and thats what we do. 

So let her wrestle on TV once or twice a month and only in front of the same crowd most of the time, fly Izzy to all of her shows and get her front row seats, let Bayley do the house show loop once a month and let Bayley spend two months training with her opponent for the next big PPV?

I don't know what more WWE can do with Sasha and Bayley. They're literally let them only wrestle women they've worked with for years in NXT.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

I think we can all assume Mr. McMahon has determined that this Rusev guy just can't connect with crowds for some reason.

Maybe its because he's Bulgarian.

First husband to the head of the SBA is probably doing all he can right now to suppress someone he spent two years putting over as a Russian hero. (/tinfoil)

Well it's not 4 AM anymore so I'll try to write something more than "The cruiserweights were great" that I wrote last night.

As someone who only got back into the 'E on this Rumble and only watches PPVs and Takeover shows I can say that none of stuff that happened last night felt offensive as people are making it to be. It just felt super flat, apart from the aforementioned Neville vs Gallagher match and the weird RAW segment of Cesaro, Rusev, Big Show and dude I didn't know.

I'm honestly kinda surprised people are hating this PPV this much since most of the hate stems from super predictable results that were telegraphed heavily in these past couple of weeks, and like I said, I don't even watch RAW or Smackdown because I know that I don't have it in me to endure 5 hours of weekly wrestling bullshit; so I just get the storyline by reading stuff from the board an watching the occasional segment on youtube (Miz and Cena talking, Owens attacking Jericho, Randy Orton B Movie stuff, etc).

I guess what I'm trying to say is chill and do the same that I do?!

P.S. I missed Joe vs Sami, was it good?

8 hours ago, just drew said:

If I'm Rusev, I might go in and ask for my release tomorrow.

Maybe he should. Not over jobbing to Show itself, but over being booked as a comedy act for nearly two years because his engagement got in the way of an angle...

• Like 2

The problem with Braun/Reigns was that Braun has been built up ever since the brand split started, with squashes and the like, and apparently all it was designed to do was to put Roman over so he could look strong heading into WrestleMania. Which, by the way, is 4 weeks away and they have not mentioned or teased a program for him at that show since January.

2 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I guess Vince really dislikes Rusev's haircut?

So does Avril Lavigne, circa Sk8er Boi.

Edited by Zac_Fu
because my AC spelled Avril wrong.