DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane III

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

The Banks run in was so weird, awkward, and just unnecessary. 

That match had a 3-1 lead. 

The booking plus them losing their chi after what seemed like a benign blown spot at first killed it. 

• Like 1

Never mind I thought he passed away.  Anyway they can always put Big Show in the Andre the Giant battle royal and as of now I figure it will come down to him, Kane, and Braun Strowman

Man I would hate to see Braun wasted in a battle royal

1 minute ago, Josh Mann said:

That match had a 3-1 lead. 

The booking plus them losing their chi after what seemed like a benign blown spot at first killed it. 

They should have just had Dana Brooke do a blind devotion run in to save Charlotte from a certain PPV loss. Saves Charlotte's face, keeps the weird dynamic between Dana and Charlotte alive - and gives them an opening for Wrestlemania.

Also, props to Kevin Owens. As overrated as I think he is, that was a master class in getting what you can from a match designed to make the other guy look good. That was Zbyszko level stalling in that match, and I thought it was great. Also, Jericho coming out immediately differentiated it from other times when "guys music hits, distracting guy in ring from other guy in ring" where guy 1 never actually shows up. Gave Owens reason to be distracted.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EVA said:

I feel like Show/Rusev was less about Rusev and more about them wanting Show to go over strong on someone credible for....whatever they have for him at Mania.

But my god, who called for an interminable Jinder Mahal match on PPV?

8 minutes ago, just drew said:

If I'm Rusev, I might go in and ask for my release tomorrow. That was bullshit. Cruisers were really good. Women were good until the finish. I enjoyed Reigns/Strowman, until ReignswinsLOL. I didn't hate Cesaro/Mahal for what it was. But it's crazy how aimless the RAW brand is when Smackdown is consistently tight and well written....

Show did plenty of jobs during Rusev's big run. So he can't get pissy over putting Show over. 

7 minutes ago, Josh Mann said:

In a vacuum you're not wrong, but 1) Sami's whole deal isn't he gets killed, it's he comes up short to maintain sympathy and 2) given how Sami sold every single thing as an ailment, it didn't hurt Joe to give Sami some offense.

My issue was Joe taking the blue thunder bomb. 

2 minutes ago, just drew said:

Also, props to Kevin Owens. As overrated as I think he is, that was a master class in getting what you can from a match designed to make the other guy look good. That was Zbyszko level stalling in that match, and I thought it was great. Also, Jericho coming out immediately differentiated it from other times when "guys music hits, distracting guy in ring from other guy in ring" where guy 1 never actually shows up. Gave Owens reason to be distracted.

I found it kind of funny though that after all that talk about how much smarter he is than everyone, he reacted to Jericho's music like a dumb ape.

I mean, it's the same thing Heenan would have done, so it's fine...but it's still funny.

Joe/Sami was good

Sasha/Nia was really good with a kinda lame finish

Cruiser match was great

Reigns/Strowman was fucking fantastic with a pretty fucking stupid finish

Charlotte/Bayley was really good with a weird two minute mid-match collapse and an absolutely fucking terrible finish.

Owens/Goldberg was about as good as it could've been given the booking, which was fucking god fucking awful

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Joe/Sami was good

Sasha/Nia was really good with a kinda lame finish

Cruiser match was great

Reigns/Strowman was fucking fantastic with a pretty fucking stupid finish

Charlotte/Bayley was really good with a weird two minute mid-match collapse and an absolutely fucking terrible finish.

Owens/Goldberg was about as good as it could've been given the booking, which was fucking god fucking awful

This is how I feel although I'm a little bit more upset about owens looking like a fool to a guy who is leaving in 28 days. After that stalling and everything I thought Owens was going to get some offense in before the spear jackhammer 123.

7 minutes ago, Josh Mann said:

As of a year ago, Fridge was way on the wrong side of 400 with a drinking problem.

He should be able to go an hour then. It's the guys that look like their sculpted out of stone that blow up five minutes in.

• Like 2

Hate the two cheating babyfaces screwing Charlotte. What an awful anticlimactic end to the streak they pushed so hard. Beyond sick of bayley.

Enjoyed most of the rest of the show with a few matches better than expected. Nice 8 minute Jinder Mahal showcase match was certainly different.

Neville/Gallagher was my MOTN with Reigns/Stroman being the only other thing worth a damn. This show just reminded me why I never watch Raw. Aries is so much better than Saxon it's embarrassing.

The Bayley/Sasha thing would've worked fine if Sasha hit her with a backstabber right after, and a quick "Bayley's easier to beat" promo that drips with jealousy tomorrow.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

He should be able to go an hour then. It's the guys that look like their sculpted out of stone that blow up five minutes in.

Someone needs to go re-watch UFC 1-5 or so and where they tested this theory out. 

Also there are literal ninjas, so that's a plus.

• Like 2

Bayley would be fantastic if they'd just let her do what she did in nxt that got her so over. Instead, we put her in a position to fail because we're wwe and thats what we do. 

• Like 1