DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane III

Dolfan in NYC

Also, first time in awhile I can remember multiple underdogs winning on PPVs odds-wise:

Reigns(+600)

Bayley(+120)

Sasha(+800)

Must not have been much smart money rolling in.

Guys Braun Strowman flying through the air was amazing though.

I'm watching a show right now about the gliding snakes and gliding monkeys and gliding squirrels of Borneo, but they didn't say nothing about a gliding Sasquatch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cristobal said:

Bray wears a trilby, not a fedora.

And that's literally the only part of this show I care to discuss. 

Ok, I'll ask. What are the key differences between a trilby and a fedora?

Were either of them ever worn by Humphrey Bogart in one of his movies?

2 minutes ago, Critts said:

What the hell was with that New Day segment?

The only thing I figure is that eating New Day ice cream is like taking a combination of ecstasy and alcohol based on the New Day's reaction

which if true will sell millions in Orlando if the weather holds up

Wow they completely treated that Bayley and Sasha segment on the RAW post game like nothing happened at the end.  I would at least think that Daniel Bryan would mention why did she interfere in the match

Nia/Sasha was good.

I'm not sure who Rusev pissed off with that match against Show. That should have been Jinder Mahal taking a whooping like that.

Braun/Strowman was good though they still managed to go with worst result. The only way Roman should have won that was via dq because of Taker or Braun kicking ass his too much. I say this as fan of Roman's.

Bayley/Charlotte was going great until the Sasha interference. Still happy Charlotte lost though it should have been Bayley winning on her own.

Didn't expect much from Owens/Goldberg. I appreciate them trying to go with a slightly less obvious play with Owens' pre-match teasing, but they really should have just had Jericho fuck Owens up before the match so he could be protected to some extent.

First let me be positive. 

Most of the matches were good. 

The build up to the show was well done. 

I think Joe sold way too much for Zayn, I don't think he should be bumping for a guy like Zayn right now. But at least he won definitively. 

Nia Jax should not be on the main roster and should not be jobbing period. But so far she has jobbed to Bayley, Asuka and now Sasha Banks. She is the prettiest possible Roadblock/Ron Studd. 

I enjoyed Braun/Reigns until the finish, which was a bad finish under any circumstances. I hate any finish that involves someone going to the top who never flies. They are going to push Roman Reigns unless Reigns quits on Vince dies. He is an albatross now, because they just sacrificed someone who could have been a real star for a guy who will never live up to the time and money WWE has pisses away on him. 

Charlotte's streak was sacrificed for the shitty Braun/Reigns and Goldbrick/Owens. 

Owens/Goldbrick is the worst main event finish WWE has ever done. But in the end it is our fault for watching.

Watching the post show and apparently WWE does not consider every Bayley betrayal on NXT canon. 

I'm glad I have like 20 matches in my YouTube and dailymotion queues to watch for March Madness, cause it's gonna take just about all of them to wipe all that bullshit out of my mind.  

• Like 5

I feel like Show/Rusev was less about Rusev and more about them wanting Show to go over strong on someone credible for....whatever they have for him at Mania.

But my god, who called for an interminable Jinder Mahal match on PPV?

If I'm Rusev, I might go in and ask for my release tomorrow. That was bullshit. Cruisers were really good. Women were good until the finish. I enjoyed Reigns/Strowman, until ReignswinsLOL. I didn't hate Cesaro/Mahal for what it was. But it's crazy how aimless the RAW brand is when Smackdown is consistently tight and well written....

3 minutes ago, EVA said:

I feel like Show/Rusev was less about Rusev and more about them wanting Show to go over strong on someone credible for....whatever they have for him at Mania.

But my god, who called for an interminable Jinder Mahal match on PPV?

Big show vs Rusev was booked as if the match against Shaq is still happening.  If that match isn't happening then it was bury time for the handsome one

13 minutes ago, Victator said:

First let me be positive. 

Most of the matches were good. 

The build up to the show was well done. 

I think Joe sold way too much for Zayn, I don't think he should be bumping for a guy like Zayn right now. But at least he won definitively. 

In a vacuum you're not wrong, but 1) Sami's whole deal isn't he gets killed, it's he comes up short to maintain sympathy and 2) given how Sami sold every single thing as an ailment, it didn't hurt Joe to give Sami some offense.

I think even if the Shaq match doesn't happen, they'll try to find something else worthwhile for Show to do, out of respect for getting in great shape for the match only for the other guy to back out.