DVDVR Message Board

RAW is GODZILLA vs. MOTHRA 2/20/17

Niners Fan in CT

10 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I'm actually fine with Steph being involved with the women's stuff since there can be an actual pay off if they ever do a proper feud.

We know that won't happen. She'll work an armbar for for minutes because she thinks that is wrestling. 

I always hate how wrestlers in WWE are never allowed to answer things: STEPH: "Or do you want Bayley to be champion because you know you can't beat Charlotte?" (What SASHA should have said): "Erm, you know I've beaten Charlotte for the title THREE times, right?  Do you not watch your own show?"

I'm still amazed that somehow Roman has not single-handedly defeated the tag team champions despite wrestling them in subsequent weeks.  You just know that the backstage conversations between Vince and the writing staff are more entertaining than the matches, though: "Roman has to beat them, by himself, stack them up and pin them, and then they tell the UNIVERSE that he's the toughest guy they've ever wrestled and better than all those guys in Japan."

I was all excited for Tozawa-Kendrick, only for that to be a no-contest, it kinda took me out of the rest of the show.

Also, things I did not expect from WWE wrestling in 2017: a crowd to pop huge for a face saying "I'm not playing a gentleman, I AM a gentleman."  That whole segment was perfect, btw.

1 hour ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Funniest part of the show may have been Dana Brooke lightly jogging out to interfere with the Sasha/Charlotte match and Bayley walloping her from behind.

tumblr_olpgnfaF351u1ljrzo1_500.gif

This reminded me of when the Nexxus were being chased by the locke room and they managed to pass Mark Henry.

• Like 5

BTW - someone asked Meltzer last night why it seemed like Cesaro was always eating the falls when C&S lose

Dave said that it is because - for whatever reason - they consider Sheamus to be the bigger star

Poor Enzo.  Sketchy booking has given him real heat to contend with and now nothing pleases me more than to watch him get his head punted into the fifth row.

Strauman.  Kip Up.  Mind blown.

For a while there, I forgot that KO is supposed to be the top heel of this fed.  Last night's promo was a good reminder about who is the douchebag on top of the mountain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - someone asked Meltzer last night why it seemed like Cesaro was always eating the falls when C&S lose

Dave said that it is because - for whatever reason - they consider Sheamus to be the bigger star

Sheamus is related to Ronald McDonald and Beaker.  Damn straight he's a bigger star.  He's got that Big Mac/Muppets money.

• Like 6

Additional details about that...Punk tried to call back and the Rock tried to setup a Facetime, but wifi issues prevented it. Vince then sent a ref out to say "No CM Punk." The Rock was like, "ok, I got it," and that was the end of that.

I love how ballsy the Rock is because really, what are they going to do, excommunicate him too? I also love the thought that CM Punk and the Rock are buds.

• Like 7

Braun is just the best. I remember in 2014 when crowds started getting behind Lesnar as a face, because wrestling fans like a strong ass-kicker. Imagine that! There's even more potential with Braun since he's a full-timer, and from social media, seems to be a legitimately good dude. 

I couldn't help cringing during that Bayley segment. All I could imagine was her getting slapped by Steph, and losing clean to a Pedigree at Mania :(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Additional details about that...Punk tried to call back and the Rock tried to setup a Facetime, but wifi issues prevented it. Vince then sent a ref out to say "No CM Punk." The Rock was like, "ok, I got it," and that was the end of that.

I love how ballsy the Rock is because really, what are they going to do, excommunicate him too? I also love the thought that CM Punk and the Rock are buds.

I can only imagine what would happen if the Facetime went through.  Vince might have fired some poor schmuck out of anger because he/she happened to be around.  Still cool to see the love for Punk was reciprocated, even if in tweet form.

The Strowman nip up part was very impressive and made me think back to when he was on Jericho's Talkin' Shop episode.  They mentioned how on a house show wrestlers would bet on if he could do that in a match (Sami was apparently cheap only betting $50)  And while it was slightly assisted Braun did do the nip up.  Fast forward to last night and not only did he do it but made it look effortless.  Whether it's the weight loss or whatever else Braun is a beast of a man.  And the match was a fun-as-hell giant battle.  Corey is forever my favorite announcer just for the Godzilla vs. Mothra reference.  And yes, I definitely heard a Pantera reference last night.  Even if I don't know what song/album he's referring to it sticks out now but works for what he's getting at.

I think there were 2 Pantera references. I swear, in the scrum between Reigns and Braun, Corey dropped a Far Beyond Driven reference. I think. I don't know. I was too fucking excited over the match and Braun beating ass.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Corey is forever my favorite announcer just for the Godzilla vs. Mothra reference.  And yes, I definitely heard a Pantera reference last night.  Even if I don't know what song/album he's referring to it sticks out now but works for what he's getting at.

By Demons Be Driven is track 10 on Vulgar Display of Power.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Iron Yuppie said:

Braun is just the best. I remember in 2014 when crowds started getting behind Lesnar as a face, because wrestling fans like a strong ass-kicker. Imagine that! There's even more potential with Braun since he's a full-timer, and from social media, seems to be a legitimately good dude. 

I couldn't help cringing during that Bayley segment. All I could imagine was her getting slapped by Steph, and losing clean to a Pedigree at Mania :(

Stephanie involved with the women's division stuff in any way is cringeworthy. The idea of Bayley and Sasha being squashed by Big Steph makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

• Like 2

While we're talking about the Rock calling CM Punk... Rock also appeared before the show started and told everyone to stick around after the show. Then, for whatever reason, they ran an angle where Vince came out and fired Rock.