DVDVR Message Board

RAW is GODZILLA vs. MOTHRA 2/20/17

Niners Fan in CT

Roman Reigns is an absolute coward attacking Strowman after he's just had an exhausting 15 minute match. 

They're either setting up Mick quitting or turning. And I think I remember reading earlier which it was.

Kevin Owens is so losing at the PPV. :(

I demand a gif of Sheamus kicking the lips off of Enzo.  I will watch it forever. 

• Like 3

Think it would have been better if Bayley relinquished the title. An honorable babyface shouldn't accept a championship under those circumstances. Plus I think the $$ is still more in the Bayley chase at this point than her holding the strap.

I never realized a kip up was also called a nip up. 

Vince got his kicks out of the Russian hacking jokes tonight. GODDAMMIT, PAL NOW THAT'S FUNNY.

I was disappointed Corey didn't go for the Godzilla vs. King Kong comparison, but more than made up for it with By Demons Be Driven. That's a quality, not so obvious Pantera reference. 

Heyman and KO were both on fire tonight; as was Jack Gallagher. Some really good mic work.

Of course, then there was Stephanie. The less said about her ball and clit cutting the better.

• Like 2

That Owens promo was one of the best heel promos I can think of in recent memory.

The New Day segment was pretty dire.  They've been in diminishing returns for a while and, marketable act or not, kinda need to go away for a while.

It's a shame we won't get to see Mick Mr. Socko-ing Steph, because that would be kind of awesome.

Main event was a lot better than I was expecting given what a slug Big Show is.

• Like 1

I liked certain aspects of the Bayley segment;  I feel the line about how she "didn't need Sasha"  will come back to bite her and for now Sasha is playing the good friend but she's also shown signs of frustration with Bayley and also with her injury and where her career is headed post-Nia so this is setting up well.  But please...  leave Stephanie out of it, my god.

Am I crazy, or did Stephanie subtly threaten to have Foley crippled or murdered?

Owens's opening promo was good, as was him finishing off Zayn's carcass.

Bayley giving up the belt would have made a bit more sense, but I think it also would have turned the crowd on her so they probably went with the right move. I'm actually fine with Steph being involved with the women's stuff since there can be an actual pay off if they ever do a proper feud. Anyways I thoguht the segment was decent and Sahsa/Charlotte was another good match between the two.

Strowman/Show was a solid big man match. I thought it was perfect in putting over Strowman while showing Show still has some life in him. Not really sure what happens to Roman after, but he really does need to lose this feud with Strowman.