DVDVR Message Board

2016-17 NBA: Halftime

Dolfan in NYC

There's 24 games left and they're third worse in the league. Tanking sucks but so do the Lakers. Their season is over and they gotta keep that pick. Might as well make the most of the tank and get an extra pick.

14 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

There's 24 games left and they're third worse in the league. Tanking sucks but so do the Lakers. Their season is over and they gotta keep that pick. Might as well make the most of the tank and get an extra pick.

My only hope is they tank and still end up 6th in the lottery. 

I think getting a 1st for Williams, even a not-great one, is a huge win for the Lakers.

This trend of hiring people with no front-office experience to be GMs is totally baffling to me, especially since the track record of the teams that have done it is so poor.

Some fun details about the Demarcus Cousins trade. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/were-learning-more-stunning-demarcus-181738999.html

Cousins agent was telling teams not to trade for him because he wouldn't resign. (This is because Boogie and his agent would be losing 30 million dollars on the next contract.)

Apparently the Detroit Pistons had offered Andre Drummond, but Sacramento said no.

New Orleans offered the SAME DEAL to the SIXERS for Okafor and Philly said no.

Being a GM must be really fun.

We literally just robbed Philly. Will eat my shoe if we improve enough to pick lower than 18. So we get a 22 year old center with a ton of potential, and a likely top 10 pick. Hate that Anderson didn't work out, because I really liked him, but Carlisle had given up on him.