DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is 友達の祭典 - 2/13/17

Niners Fan in CT

1 minute ago, maciej said:

Yeah, I mean, I do honestly. What's the point of purposefully, actively not watching women's wrestling in 2017?

It's a lower-quality product to me. The performances in and out of the ring are subpar and just do nothing for me. Same reason I'd never watch the WNBA.

I wasn't trying to get into a debates about the merits of women's wrestling, I simply said that because I honestly didn't realize her finisher was a belly-to-belly.

• Like 1

The Woman's match was awesome. I think it's my MOTY so far. Either that or the Revival/DIY rematch. Great storytelling and work. 

Charlotte is my leader for March Madness. She's so friggin' great -- perfect at being an entitled priss who is also as damn good as she thinks she is.

Your "they changed the titles again" is my "oh, dope, the women have another MOTYC in 20-minute main event."

• Like 4

There's always something very clever about the fact that, of course, Charlotte Flair is really good at regaining her title. Her dad lost the NWA title all the time and then within a month would win it back. I presume PWI would get floods of letters saying Dusty Rhodes was ruined the way people claim Sasha Banks was.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fallacy! said:

It's a lower-quality product to me. The performances in and out of the ring are subpar and just do nothing for me. Same reason I'd never watch the WNBA.

I wasn't trying to get into a debates about the merits of women's wrestling, I simply said that because I honestly didn't realize her finisher was a belly-to-belly.

Where the hell is my ban hammer when I need it? Everyone is entitled to an educated opinion, however, your first sentence is one of the most ignorant statements I've read on this board in twenty years, (and considering some of the people that used to post here, that covers some serious ground.)

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Fallacy! said:

If we're going to stretch the "hugger" thing that far then her finisher should really be the bear hug.

Bear Hug is a giant's move and Bayley is tiny.  Her using a Bear Hug makes even less sense than the Belly to Belly which is not only thematic with her gimmick, it is also the classic giant killing baby face finisher..

titles changing hands frequently can happen.  I was fine with The Rock and Mankind doing this sorta thing.  I don't think they devalue the title, it depends on how it's booked. Like, I thought at Hell in a Cell Sasha should have won but all the other matches I didn't have an issue with.

It's far worse when the title is being vacated every other week or random dudes are winning the I.C. title for no reason just to lose to another guy. That was the WCW 2000/RAW Attitude Era stuff that was pretty bad.

Look at the UFC women's division. There was a lot of belts changing hands. It happens. But now maybe they've got a dominant champion.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

The woman's title is like one of those eras where Federer, Nadal and Novak were winning majors interchangeably. No one really has the upper hand but all three are the best.

Never really thought of it that way(and I'm sure Creative hasn't either) but that does make a ton of sense. 

Alicia Fox = McEnroe?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Where the hell is my ban hammer when I need it? Everyone is entitled to an educated opinion, however, your first sentence is one of the most ignorant statements I've read on this board in twenty years, (and considering some of the people that used to post here, that covers some serious ground.)

The key is the "to me" that makes the whole thing technically true and very Spicer-like.

"The Godfather Part 3 is the best of the trilogy to me."

"Metallica's first three albums are their least exciting to me."

"Don Lemon is the most authentic voice speaking on behalf of the black community to me."

All of these are technically possibly true statements.

• Like 3