DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is 友達の祭典 - 2/13/17

Niners Fan in CT

17 minutes ago, Zartan said:

DA FUCK!? 

This thread...

I believe it was a joke, since the common thread on WCW guys coming into the WWF after the buyout is that the WCW guys "Can't work" and most of them got subsequently buried (See, Kronik vs. The Brothers of Destruction)

• Like 1

Great moment for the Bayley win but I can't help but think it's short sighted booking. How huge would it be if she won the title off Charlotte, Ms. PPV Streak herself, at Wrestlemania, fulfilling her dream and downing the big heel in the process? Instead we get this, a predictable rematch at Fastlane, and a multi-woman at Mania. Which will all be great (probably) but it could've been so much more.

17 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

737562.gif

This is the world we live in.

6 minutes ago, Fallacy! said:

Enzo is only really a danger to himself though, so in that sense if you keep him in the ring it's kind of Darwinism at work.

It's a little too soon for Cass to go out on his own, so it's probably best they keep them together for a while.

He is a danger to people watching him.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

I believe it was a joke, since the common thread on WCW guys coming into the WWF after the buyout is that the WCW guys "Can't work" and most of them got subsequently buried (See, Kronik vs. The Brothers of Destruction)

I hope so. 

As far as the Bayley to belly I think it's great. She doesn't give any hints to it and usually hits it out of nowhere and I can't remember anyone countering or resisting it though I haven't seen every match she's ever been in. Plus it's nice that her finish isn't a submission like a lot of the other top women right now. 

I would like to think that Bayley's win, and the JeriKO breakup were the WWE's valentines for the fans, and not just playing on notions that sweeps weeks "stunts" for Nielsen ratings are still a thing that some shows do.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Fallacy! said:

It's a lower-quality product to me. The performances in and out of the ring are subpar and just do nothing for me. Same reason I'd never watch the WNBA.

I wasn't trying to get into a debates about the merits of women's wrestling, I simply said that because I honestly didn't realize her finisher was a belly-to-belly.

I disapprove of what you say (except for NBA >> WNBA), but I will defend to the death your right to say it...

The WWE women's matches today are certainly miles better than the women's matches of 90s and such.  The women's matches built around Charlotte, Bayley & Sasha have all been above average to excellent, but a lot of the other women's matches are still pretty average to me.

• Like 1

I think it's worth looking at the rumo(u)red WM card

1. Lesnar vs Goldberg

2. Wyatt vs Orton

3. Taker vs Reigns

4. HHH vs Rollins

5. Owens vs Jericho

6. Shaq vs Big Show

7. Cena/Nikki vs Maryse/Miz

8. Andre Battle Royal where Strowman beats everybody

9. RAW Women's Title Multi-Match

10. SD Women's Title Multi-Match

11. AJ vs Shane

12. IC Title clusterfuck

------

That wouldn't actually be that smart a card, and there's still a *lot* of people not being used. Plus I don't think it's a good idea to have 2 Smackdown Title clusterfucks in the pre-show.

Just my 2 cents, but they should have HHH team with Owens and Joe against Rollins, Sami Zayn and Jericho. HHH vs Rollins is a waste of time here, and even Owens vs Jericho will be lost in the shuffle a bit - save the 1 on 1 matches for Extreme Rules.

I kind of feel the same about the Raw Women's Title match - I think they'll be lucky to get 10 minutes this time. Save the match, save the time - run the interbrand clusterfuck and give the likes of Emma the rub.

The point is *something* has to give here I think.

15 minutes ago, Rick said:

Enzo isn't quite as bad as Shane is but yeah, he's pretty bad. He had some decent outings in NXT but he's been totally found out on the main shows, total liability.

Shane's miles better than Enzo. Even if you wanted to post that gif of Shane's punches missing by like 3 feet, that's a wash with anything Enzo does involving the ropes.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That is why she will be a job girl. Oh but hey the ten thousandth "mean girl" gimmick should get her over.

And why did the company waste 17 weeks on this. They clearly have no respect for the performers or the fans. But apparently have no respect for themselves.

Here is an exercise. Think about how much a minute of ad time cost on Raw. Then calculate how much money they spent on this Emmalina gimmick. 

Just stupid

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

Which was especially amusing since Kronik were both ex-WWE guys.

• Like 1

Not sure what is the more depressing part of that story, the idea that they think they need a throwback like "Sable and the Kat" when they already have Eva Marie and Mandy Rose or that they thought Emma would be the person.   Can only imagine some of the other names they thought would be perfect in that role.   And what is this character actually?  Someone who is ready to pretend to slut it up and show her tits and ass on a PG product?  

And how awful is Eva Marie when you don't even want her to do Eva Marie 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

Now I've never run a wrestling promotion before, but shouldn't you do the rehearsals before the months of video packages?

Ideally, but remember Vince doesn't do rasslin', he does sports entertainment, pal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Not sure what is the more depressing part of that story, the idea that they think they need a throwback like "Sable and the Kat" when they already have Eva Marie and Mandy Rose

Mandy Rose doesn't deserve to be lumped in with Eva Marie. Yeah, she's green, but she's only been wrestling since 2015. She looked pretty decent in her match with Asuka last Friday. She definitely looks like she has a clue in the ring, unlike Eva Marie who always looked completely lost.

9 hours ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

The best part of the Owens turn was that very few people, if any, were cheering Owens as he destroyed Jericho. Very hard feat to accomplish in today's smarky world. 

This. As upset as I am about what happened, it was produced very, very well. It made me not want to cheer for him any longer either, and not because of Roman Reigns heat but genuine hatred.

I was thinking all along that Emmalina would sort of be the opposite of those post-Attitude era "Divas" like Kelly Kelly, Ashley Massaro, etc. Those girls who were models that were then trained to be wrestlers, so they weren't good in the ring. Emmalina was going to be an actually good wrestler who would be coming out and acting like one of those models/wrestlers, but when she got in the ring she could actually wrestle.