DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is 友達の祭典 - 2/13/17

Niners Fan in CT

3 hours ago, Victator said:

So why did Owens turn on Jericho before the biggest match of his life? This feels like Fuji betraying Demolition before they lost the titles. Or is it more Savage picking a fight with Hogan as champion. Title be damned, he hates that son of a bitch?

KO, the character, is super self-serious and self-righteous and his title. He's been using this useful idiot for the last 6 months because it suited his needs to keep the WWE Championship.  

Papa Hunter pulls him aside and says, "Hey, enough of the crap." Coincidentally, Owens is similarly fed up, especially after the idiot promised an unholy monster the chance to take what's most valuable from him.  So, enough. 

And thus... ladies and gentlemen, we have a heel turn. 

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Thunder Down Under said:

So did Emma botch her line and just cut the segment short?

I think the idea was something similar to the WCW Dustin Rhodes/Seven gimmick but without Emma shitting all over the Emmalina gimmick.  What it's leading to who knows.

5 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Didnt scott steiner used it too for a while, pre BPP?

Scott Steiner used to do half a dozen Belly to Bellies in every match. Although when Steiner did the same suplex over and over in one match, it just proved WCW guys didn't know how to work, whereas when Lesnar does it, it makes people buy t-shirts purely to acknowledge the awesomeness of it.

24 minutes ago, AxB said:

Scott Steiner used to do half a dozen Belly to Bellies in every match. Although when Steiner did the same suplex over and over in one match, it just proved WCW guys didn't know how to work, whereas when Lesnar does it, it makes people buy t-shirts purely to acknowledge the awesomeness of it.

I'm tired of Lesnar's act and have been since 2015 but his suplexes and the ones Steiner was throwing out at the Rumble are very different things you could feel the crowd die with each slow motion belly to belly Steiner threw in that match. It didn't help that between suplexes Steiner looked exhausted and tired whereas Lesnar looks cocky, in-control and stalking his prey.

I kinda get the complaints of using a belly to belly as a finisher after several higher impact moves have been hit throughout the match, but on the flipside it fits her hugger character and she's not exactly the type of build to get a bearhug over as her finish.

If anything, I wish she'd do something akin to a 360-spinning belly to belly just to put a bit more snap and impact onto it

8 hours ago, caley said:

Hey, what was the deal with Enzo tonight?  That part where Cesaro tried to throw him over the ropes and he didn't make it, so he just jumped over the ropes on his own, then shrugged like he didn't really care how shitty it looked, only to pan to Cesaro staring DAGGERS at him, then KILLING him with a vicious stomp right to the stomach.  Then Enzo kinda looked like he sandbagged him on the next lift.  'twas BAD.  And I'm a big Enzo fan.

tumblr_old9qby9Ay1s05wxzo1_400.gif

It was pretty bad...

Kevin Owens is pretty much the best kind of friend....

That says more about me then him, honestly.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, caley said:

Hey, what was the deal with Enzo tonight?  That part where Cesaro tried to throw him over the ropes and he didn't make it, so he just jumped over the ropes on his own, then shrugged like he didn't really care how shitty it looked, only to pan to Cesaro staring DAGGERS at him, then KILLING him with a vicious stomp right to the stomach.  Then Enzo kinda looked like he sandbagged him on the next lift.  'twas BAD.  And I'm a big Enzo fan.

I imagine that since he got nearly decapitated, Enzo has been shy about any move that requires him to even graze the ropes. That particular move shouldn't have been an issue, but mental blocks can be tricky, if that's what is happening here.

• Like 1

Finally watching The Festival of Friendship. This is all-time great wrestling nonsense comedy. I love JeriKO so much. Sad to see their comedy genius come to an end but it has been an awesome pairing to see unfold. 

And when was KO ever a badass? Maybe he was in the indies, but I didn't watch any of that. He's been a manipulative sneak attack artist since he debuted in NXT. He conned Sami Zayn so he could cut the line to the title. He then ran and hid and took cheapshots to keep the title. His first feud with Cena was set up by a sucker job. He's a total sleazebag and always has been. He used Jericho from the start for his lackey, but only when it was at his advantage. 

• Like 3

The best part about The Festival of Friendship is how it unfolds. KO is obviously sick of Jericho's goofy prattling and has it planned that he has to finally execute him for good. But then Jericho moves into sincere, podcast Jericho voice (and it is really obvious that they do love working together -- all-time great chemistry) and that's when KO reverts into serial killer KO. KO also does some amazing eye acting -- it's the same 100,000-yard stare he had after he destroyed Sami after Sami's greatest triumph. 

This is seriously one of the best segments I can remember. Up there with Eddie turning on Rey -- it reminds me of that. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

The best part of the Owens turn was that very few people, if any, were cheering Owens as he destroyed Jericho. Very hard feat to accomplish in today's smarky world. 

43 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Finally watching The Festival of Friendship. This is all-time great wrestling nonsense comedy. I love JeriKO so much. Sad to see their comedy genius come to an end but it has been an awesome pairing to see unfold. 

And when was KO ever a badass? Maybe he was in the indies, but I didn't watch any of that. He's been a manipulative sneak attack artist since he debuted in NXT. He conned Sami Zayn so he could cut the line to the title. He then ran and hid and took cheapshots to keep the title. His first feud with Cena was set up by a sucker job. He's a total sleazebag and always has been. He used Jericho from the start for his lackey, but only when it was at his advantage. 

25 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

The best part about The Festival of Friendship is how it unfolds. KO is obviously sick of Jericho's goofy prattling and has it planned that he has to finally execute him for good. But then Jericho moves into sincere, podcast Jericho voice (and it is really obvious that they do love working together -- all-time great chemistry) and that's when KO reverts into serial killer KO. KO also does some amazing eye acting -- it's the same 100,000-yard stare he had after he destroyed Sami after Sami's greatest triumph. 

This is seriously one of the best segments I can remember. Up there with Eddie turning on Rey -- it reminds me of that. 

Endorse all this. JeriKo's ending is sad because it meant something to fans with their interactions/chemistry. Owens' is a bastard who will do what it takes to get the win and gain any advantage he can.

I care more for Owens vs. Jericho than Goldberg vs. Lesnar at WrestleMania 33.

• Like 5

I like Bayley alot, but it's really time to ditch the "dream come true" act.  It's played out. I don't mean it disparagingly, but I think it's time for her to evolve her character a bit.

-Kudos to the FoF.  I knew it was coming as soon as HHH pulled KO aside, but Jericho and KO had such great chemistry that I still felt bad for Jericho when he got jumped.

-I missed the first half of RAW because me and my neighbor were kicking the shit out of my woman-beating other neighbor, but from reading this thread, that was probably more exciting than what I missed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I imagine that since he got nearly decapitated, Enzo has been shy about any move that requires him to even graze the ropes. That particular move shouldn't have been an issue, but mental blocks can be tricky, if that's what is happening here.

That's a whole lot of words to waste when you can just say "Enzo is a shitty wrestler."

Someone else here commented "why didn't Cesaro cover for it with a clothesline?"  Probably because Enzo can't be relied on to bump properly on an improv'd move like that and would have just made it worse.

• Like 3

Bayley ends Charlotte's singles PPV streak and Sasha turns heel on Bayley for doing what she couldn't as it's was the Boss' right to. My ideal WWE RAW Women's Championship match at WrestleMania 33 is Sasha Banks vs. Bayley but you can't exclude the Queen so make it a triple threat.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, piranesi said:

The key is the "to me" that makes the whole thing technically true and very Spicer-like.

"The Godfather Part 3 is the best of the trilogy to me."

"Metallica's first three albums are their least exciting to me."

"Don Lemon is the most authentic voice speaking on behalf of the black community to me."

All of these are technically possibly true statements.

As always, you are the voice of reason; your uncle, the zoo-bat would be proud.