DVDVR Message Board

MMMMM-Good!!! The Food Thread Returns

OSJ

The best cheeseburger in the US is in Richmond, VA, bitches.

America's best cheeseburger might be served right here in Richmond, Virginia. Adam Musselman, who co-owns Cobra Burger in Richmond's Church Hill neighborhood, recently helped prove that statement when he appeared on THE TALK’s “Food Face-Off” on Friday, April 22. On the afternoon talk show, which airs nationwide on CBS, Musselman's Cobra Burger went up against a Juicy Lucy burger from Matt’s Bar in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Of course, the Cobra Burger won!

That being said, you also need to go to Boulevard Burgers & Brews near the Bowtie Theater.  Their food is the bomb, too!

Edited by J.T.

I'll need to see how far we are from those places as we're going to be in VA around then.  If it's doable I'm so trying out Cobra.

As for hard Mountain Dew my wife loves the Dew but the zero sugar part might turn her off.  I admittedly am curious about it though.

Watched Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022) with my Dad today which we both enjoyed. From there we tried German Doner Kebab for the first time, we both had the original as a meal with fries, soft drink and set of sauces which hit the spot. I had the mixed with chicken/beef while Dad beef. I get home to find Mox's autobiography has arrived so ends a great day out!

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Chilli Flames opened on Friday where I live. To celebrate Friday-Sunday was 50% off eating in. I went with my Dad on Saturday, timed it right as it filled up quick and later people queuing at the podium for a table to be free. I had the Flames Picante Burger which is chicken fillet spices with unique extra hot sauce, jalapeno peppers, topped with lettuce and tomatoes on a brioche bun with chips as my side. Right enjoyed it. Chicken is my favourite meat and I like spicy food. My Dad enjoyed his as well. My favourite places to eat:

5. Aagrah (curry).

4. German Doner Kebab.

3. Chilli Flames.

2. Shimla Spice (curry).

1. Pizza Pieces.

Curry is my favourite takeaway. Had been for years but it's a testament to how great Pizza Pieces is that its my #1.

• Like 2

I'm diligently working on a meat loaf for the first time in years, I think. There was a meat loaf discussion some months back on the main  wrestling discussion thread and the topic of making a sandwhich from the cold meat loaf came up. For those in favor of it, what kind of bread would you suggest for such a sandwhich? I'm bound to make one in the next couple of days, so it any tips would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I discovered that Madison has a restaurant that only serves bierocks.  I've never seen a bierock outside of Kansas, and I haven't eaten one since the last time I went to the KS state fair like 20+ years ago so this is very exciting for me.

I'm currently in Antwerp, Belgium. I was shocked to see a place called "Philly", that claims to serve authentic Philly Cheesestakes. Obviously, l've never had one and I'll be here for a couple of days. Should I give it a shot?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Gotta love how Deep Fried Honey (AKA Inject Me With Corn Syrup While You Empty The Grease Trap Into My Mouth) is sitting right next to something even more insane. Deep Fried Praline Cheesecake Egg Roll reminds me of Beavis and Butthead liking that bag of pork rinds because "it has a lot of ingredients". 

EDIT: While trying to find out what a Texas Twosome was I came upon this State Fair of Texas Announces 2022 Big Tex Choice Awards Food Competition Semi-Finalists | State Fair of Texas

Edited by Curt McGirt

• 3 weeks later...

In the midst of dealing with some issues and giving plant based cheese a try for the first time. Violife slices and Great Value shredded "cheddar and mozzarella". The slices were good and the shredded was anonymous(which isn't a bad thing),

I guess this would be the place to share this.

Did I ever mention that I do (for fun) drink reviews on my Instagram? Started as a joke while on vacation with my nephews and now I'm about 50 episodes deep lol. They're all on IG, which doesn't embed here, but I'm starting to cross post on Twitter. So here's the first Twitter episode of Exxotic Beverages...Passionfruit Fanta reviewed from Lisbon, Portugal this summer!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pizza Pieces is my favourite place to eat even though curry is my favourite takeaway by far. I've wanted to eat inside Shimla Spice for years and I've been going for over 10 years. I hoped my Dad would finally come but if not, I was going to go alone as I've eaten by myself at other places plus Dad has to fancy them. Back from doing so together. I had my usual Desi Keema Saagh which is one of the hottest curries I've ever eaten and a strawberry goblet for dessert. Dad a Chicken Tikka Masala with a mint chocolate ice cream trufito as his dessert.

• Like 1

So my area is getting more and more chains and we just got a Raising Canes Chicken place.  I have heard great thing but after my first time there I have to say I am more on Team Zaksby's afterward.  It was solid and definitely better than Chc Fil A but it is basically a Zaksby's without the ability to get wings and literally only one sauce option unlike the many others.    Maybe you can give the edge to Canes on the chicken fingers but isn't a massive upgrade

• 2 weeks later...

I finally made chana masala at home, and maybe that was a mistake.  Easiest side dish in the history of ease and side dishes if you want to make it mostly from cans of things.  And I could eat a bathtub full of the stuff.  Paired really well with my mayo-marinade chicken with the usual savory spices.  I think if I wanted to be extra fancy, I'd make a spinach salad to go with those with some grated carrots, cucumbers, and Parmesan, but I'm sorta lazy, so...maybe for a special occasion.

Edited by Contentious C