DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 105: Lewis vs. Browne (02/19/2017) - Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada (Scotiabank Centre)

Elsalvajeloco

Yeah I've been on the Derrick Lewis hype train since Mike's Seafood! Very much look forward to see who he faces next.

I talk a bunch of shit about Hendricks but he looked the best he has looked in a long time and he finally moved up in weight.

McMann went thru her opponent like a buzzsaw as she should. Would like her to still fight Carmouche in the near future or someone in the Top 6.

Carla vs Markos was a good fight and I look forward to see if Markos can use this fight as a launching pad for her. Markos vs. Herrig would be an interesting fight both are coming off wins  plus they have bad blood from TUF.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hail Sabin said:

Yeah I've been on the Derrick Lewis hype train since Mike's Seafood! Very much look forward to see who he faces next.

I predicted him getting a title shot, so I'm on the train too.  My Masvidal prediction is looking pretty good, and Lewis has won 6 straight fights which is a shitload in that division.

6 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I think Lewis has earned getting a legit Top 5 fight vs. someone like JDS/Overeem/Cain. I'm not completely sure how he'd do against those guys but I think he has earned the right to find out.

I think he could beat Overeem, but I'd predict he'd get smashed by JDS and Cain.  We need to get Lewis vs. Hunt for the Chubbyweight Championship.  

23 minutes ago, Execproducer said:

I'm just curios.. why is Derrick concerned where Ronda's fine ass is at when he is already getting all that sex? I picked Cookie Monster to decision Randa but I am very happy to be wrong.

Maybe it's like Nick Diaz some years back when he said he was making too much money but not enough. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

41 minutes ago, Execproducer said:

I'm just curios.. why is Derrick concerned where Ronda's fine ass is at when he is already getting all that sex? I picked Cookie Monster to decision Randa but I am very happy to be wrong.

In my experience, dudes who have a lot of sex always want more sex.  It is kind of like how billionaires are always looking to make business deals, just because you have money and/or sex that doesn't mean you can't have more money and/or sex.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Execproducer said:

I'm just curios.. why is Derrick concerned where Ronda's fine ass is at when he is already getting all that sex?

I must be the only guy in the world that figured out that Lewis was channeling Clubber Lang and Mr. Marcus at the same time during that post fight interview.  He is my new favorite human being.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I must be the only guy in the world that figured out that Lewis was channeling Clubber Lang and Mr. Marcus at the same time during that post fight interview.  He is my new favorite human being.

Hey woman! HEY WOMAN!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Derrick Lewis does look like Mr. Marcus if he really let himself go but decided to work out sometimes.

Also, I need to shower because now I can't get certain images out of my head now.

Rule 34 says that Lemmie Tell Ya Bout MMA Chicks is already a thing that exists.

After work, I will just go home and soak my head in a bucket full of bleach.

• Like 1

Normally I would conclude that Browne's battery allegations were a factor in the ref letting things go longer than they should've, but then I remembered that the official in question was Mario "This Combat Is To The Death" Yamazaki.

• Like 2

Yamazaki is one of the more tenured and experienced referees around.  So it just goes to show how deep the officiating issue goes for MMA.  It's not just the judging.  I'm not sure what the fix or answer is other than that it will probably take time.  

8 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Yamazaki is one of the more tenured and experienced referees around.  So it just goes to show how deep the officiating issue goes for MMA.  It's not just the judging.  I'm not sure what the fix or answer is other than that it will probably take time.  

I don't think it's a time issue rather an issue with the trust of commissions. You have bad referees in boxing who always get assignments all over the world a decade or maybe more after it has been discovered they're not good referees. I think more commissions (especially in regions or places that don't get major MMA events often) would rather take veteran experience over the relative inexperience of their own officials. I think it's on the UFC to assess whether these officials are cut out for some of these assignments based on the combatants involved. I know it would perhaps be for the best the UFC (or any organization) to stay out of that as much as possible, but if the commissions have failed to do that, the only people who can and have the motivation to do that is the organization. There were actually some examples of horrendous refereeing over the weekend before this show that just highlighted the fact between the regulatory body and the organization, SOMEBODY has to know what the fuck they're doing or a fighter stands the chance of getting seriously hurt. Transparency can be discussed later.