DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 105: Lewis vs. Browne (02/19/2017) - Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada (Scotiabank Centre)

Elsalvajeloco

UFC_Fight_Night_Halifax_Lewis_vs._Browne

UFC Fight Night 105: Lewis vs. Browne 
February 19, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada (Scotiabank Centre)

Derrick Lewis (262) vs. Travis Browne (241) - Lewis, KO (punches), R2 (3:12)
Johny Hendricks (185.5) vs. Hector Lombard (182) - Hendricks, DEC (unanimous)
Sam Sicilia (144) vs. Gavin Tucker (145) - Tucker, DEC (unanimous)
Elias Theodorou (185.5) vs. Cezar Ferreira (186) - Theodorou, DEC (unanimous)
Sara McMann (135) vs. Gina Mazany (139.5)* - McMann, SUB (arm triangle choke), R1 (1:14)
Paul Felder (155) vs. Alessandro Ricci (156) - Felder, TKO (strikes), R1 (4:44)

Fox Sports 1 Preliminary Card:
Nordine Taleb (171) vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio (170) - Ponzinibbio, DEC (unanimous)
Carla Esparza (116) vs. Randa Markos (116) - Markos, DEC (split)
Aiemann Zahabi (135) vs. Reginaldo Veira (136) - Zahabi, DEC (unanimous)
Jack Marshmann (184) vs. Thiago Santos (186) - Santos, TKO (spinning wheel kick and punches), R2 (2:21)

Fight Pass Preliminary Card:
Gerald Meerschaert (185) vs. Ryan Janes (185.5) - Meerschaert, SUB (armbar), R1 (1:34)

*Forfeits 20% of purse for missing weight

Event Bonuses ($50,000):
Performance of the Night: Thiago Santos
Performance of the Night: Paul Felder
Fight of the Night: Derrick Lewis vs. Travis Browne

Attendance: 8,123
Gate: $575,832
Rating: 907,000 viewers

Cancelled Fights:
Junior dos Santos vs. Stefan Struve - Injury to Struve (Shoulder)
Alessandro Ricci vs. Alvaro Herrera - Injury to Herrera
Liz Carmouche vs. Sara McMann - Injury to Carmouche
Alex Volkanovski vs. Michel Quinones - Injury to Quinones

11 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

FWIW The final bout order isn't set yet. Michel Quinones only pulled out of his fight last night so I'm guessing they might find Volkanovski a late replacement opponent.

Looks like he is officially off the card.

What's crazy is Gina Mazany's record: She has one fight in 2008, one fight in 2009, a fight in 2013, and a fight in 2016 w/ her loss to get into the house on TUF somewhere in between that. Invicta is kinda a godsend for many female fighters because a lot of girls record would just look like that w/o the promotion.

That referee was precious. He was warning Thiago about keeping his kicks low when dude was targeting the knee. He looked terrified, so I wasn't shocked at the early stoppage. These inexperienced referees are just so bad.

Despite that, whudafuggin kick! Santos is so fun to watch and I hope he can string a few more victories to move into the top 10.

1 minute ago, Oyaji said:

That referee was precious. He was warning Thiago about keeping his kicks low when dude was targeting the knee. He looked terrified, so I wasn't shocked at the early stoppage. These inexperienced referees are just so bad.

Despite that, whudafuggin kick! Santos is so fun to watch and I hope he can string a few more victories to move into the top 10.

There is good Marreta and bad Marreta. Bad Marreta runs in or leaves his chin hanging w/ his hands down as he exits on low kicks. That's why he got clipped in the first round and dropped. In the second round, he was more patient and set up the kick that led to the finish. If he drops some of his bad habits, he can be much more polished fighter.

18 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Sam Sicilia has never been on my radar and from looking at his wikipedia page I can see why. How is a guy with no notable wins in the UFC in five years still in the UFC?

Because he might sleep someone with his right hand. Plus, he can put people over in their hometown. Only reasons I can think of.

Hendricks looked WAYYYYYYY better than anyone expected. He was sharp tonight especially with his jab and step in knee.