DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2017 - SPRING TRAINING~!

Dolfan in NYC

23 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Stroman is a savage right now. Shame there's a pitch count. 

Yeah, but it's 95. If not for him having to sit for so long in this half inning, I could see him getting the Maddux done tonight. We will see what he looks like when he comes back out. 

Also, in the "this has never happened before" category, I just popped up out of my seat for a Giant ripping a bases loaded 1B in Dodger Stadium. Fucking national pride, man. It does strange things.

I was surprised to see JC Romero. Where'd they dig him up from? Haven't seen him since he split town. 

Kinsler almost bolded his earlier statement there.

I hope Leyland let's Stroman try for this no-no. Is it a forced pitch count, or a "here's a number...wink wink..."?

10 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

I was surprised to see JC Romero. Where'd they dig him up from? Haven't seen him since he split town. 

Kinsler almost bolded his earlier statement there.

I hope Leyland let's Stroman try for this no-no. Is it a forced pitch count, or a "here's a number...wink wink..."?

Romero has been out of the Bigs since 2012, but played in Mexico as recently as a couple years ago. 

I would imagine that the count is pretty goddamn concrete, seeing as it is still Spring Training. TOR would likely have someone's head if Stroman were allowed to go over his count, even if it were pursuing a no-hitter. I believe that the pitch limits are negotiated in concert with the MLBPA and the teams allowing their players to participate.

I don't know that it has much to do with USA Baseball taking things less seriously in years past, but it had always seemed to me that the superstar players from other countries were all in on playing baseball on a national club, whereas that didn't seem to resonate quite as much with guys here. 

Even on this roster, people were complaining about no Trout or Kershaw or Bumgarner, and I think that this roster is pretty goddamn stacked. 

That is so fucking cool looking. I can't tell if it's more inspired by Dino Riders or Magic: the Gathering, but I like it. I'd pay 3 colorless, a green, and a white to play that monstrosity.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Tear down Mt. Davis and bring back the fucking iceplant

Fuck yeah. I don't know what it was, but it always made me smile to look out over the iceplant and see the Oakland Hills.

$1 bleacher seats were the fucking TRUTH. Get to sit behind Rickey or Dwayne Murphy all day? What a treat.

Scooter Gennett, welcome to the Cincy Reds, for the moment. If you want a replacement player level 2nd baseman who can't hit left handed pitching, he's your guy. He's cheap at least.