DVDVR Message Board

YOUR ALL-NEW WRESTLING BOOK THREAD

OSJ

What does every one do once you finished a Wrestling book?  Do you keep to maybe read in 10 years again, Sell it? Give away?  Finishes a few books but looking for more with no room.. Ideas?   Same with Dvds  May start selling some books / Dvds 

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the kindle version of Hacksaw Jim Duggan's book and I have to say it was really good. I didn't think it would be as I've never been a fan of him myself, but it was a really good read. Unless you don't wanna hear about him and his wife skinny dipping, I'd pick it up.

The Nitro Book is really good. I haven't finished it I'm close to 200 pages in, it's a fascinating read. There's a lot about Turners infrastructure and you realize while reading it why WCW was ran like it was ran and why it felt like they did things just to do them from time to time cuz more often than not they were just doing things to do em.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

The Nitro Book is really good. I haven't finished it I'm close to 200 pages in, it's a fascinating read. There's a lot about Turners infrastructure and you realize while reading it why WCW was ran like it was ran and why it felt like they did things just to do them from time to time cuz more often than not they were just doing things to do em.

sounds like WWE since the death of WCW and ECW

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2018 at 12:31 PM, stinger12 said:

What does every one do once you finished a Wrestling book?  Do you keep to maybe read in 10 years again, Sell it? Give away?  Finishes a few books but looking for more with no room.. Ideas?   Same with Dvds  May start selling some books / Dvds 

I keep the ones I really enjoyed. I have Bret Hart's, Daniel Bryan's, Mick Foley's Have A Nice Day/Foley is Good, William Regal's and all of Chris Jericho, he's not topped A Lion's Tale. Like to single those out by name for praise.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2018 at 4:54 AM, SirFozzie said:

Death of the Territories is a pretty good read, but it's fairly dry, I wish that he could have reached out to a lot of the folks who went before them and see if he could reference their sections to let them tell the story in their own words.

I'm not surprised to see this. I thought the same thing of his NWA book. I still want to pick this up but won't make it a priority at the moment. 

So the Pillman book sat in my wish list for two birthdays and a Christmas before I gave in and bought it for myself. It's really good. But because I bought a wrestling book on a famous internet bookseller, now the idiotic algorithm is recommending lots of wrestling books to me. One of them is titled "I'm Sorry. I love you", which OK, iconic moment in wrestling history and all that, but... How's it going to look to a non-wrestling fan? It sounds like the title of a shitty romcom about an alcoholic or something. 

11 hours ago, AxB said:

One of them is titled "I'm Sorry. I love you", which OK, iconic moment in wrestling history and all that, but... How's it going to look to a non-wrestling fan? It sounds like the title of a shitty romcom about an alcoholic

Technically that's precisely what the match was... ?

• Haha 7

• 2 weeks later...

Kenso Nagasaki (the English one) has an autobiography coming out November 1st. And he's giving all the proceeds to charity because he's a millionaire property developer now.

Apparently he's coming out as bi as well. 

• Like 1

I'm sure he already released an autobiography about eight years ago, vague memories of him doing a book signing in full mask. I'm also sure he was already rich thanks to a dead aunt prior to starting in wrestling. And he was apparently in a relationship with his manager all those years ago