DVDVR Message Board

YOUR ALL-NEW WRESTLING BOOK THREAD

OSJ

On 3/30/2018 at 1:33 PM, Tromatagon said:

I really wish Davey Boy Smith had done a book.  He doesn't seem like the smartest dude by anyone's accounts in their books but I'd love to read his feelings on some of the stuff Dynamite talked about.

Now you have me wanting something I never knew I wanted - and something we can never have. :(

I wonder what his approach would have been. We'll never know, but I'm guessing he would've lightheartedly poked fun at himself.

"Yeah, I was a fookin' dumbass, mate, but having milk injected in me arse was one way to lighten the mood. The hours were long and the miles were many. You had to have fun to pass the time. Too many people forgot how to do that. My cousin Tommy (Dynamite) had a constant stick up his arse, and don't even get me started on Bret."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Strange he never did a shoot in 01 or 02. His price could not have been that high. Feinstein had a deal set up with Flair before he went to the WWF in 01.

Harry Smith is on good terms with Dynamite. The impression I got from the book was Dynamite felt more betrayed and hurt by Davey Boy and it influenced his opinion on him. It was the only part of the book I felt like he was not being fully honest in his opinion of someone. 

4 hours ago, Happ Hazzard said:

Feinstein had Curt Hennig set up do a shoot around the same time but on the day, the weather was nice and Curt decided to blow it off and go to the beach instead.

I'd feel bad for the person if it was anyone other than Feinstein.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2018 at 5:50 PM, Happ Hazzard said:

Feinstein had Curt Hennig set up do a shoot around the same time but on the day, the weather was nice and Curt decided to blow it off and go to the beach instead.

Let's see, talk to Feinstein for four hours or so or go to the beach? Gee, that's a tough one, where's my board...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 4/7/2018 at 7:50 PM, Happ Hazzard said:

Now we'll never know what he thought about the Von Erichs' drug use.

• Haha 3

Oh, totally seconded on the Lourdes Grobet book. An artist friend of mine got that for some holiday from her mom and I ate it up at her apartment when she lived here years ago. Lots of text to go with the photos, and the photos... well, they need no introduction. 

516VdzPwf1L._SX368_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Like 2

I'm reading the Kindle edition of that Unauthorized ECW book and while it's quite good, the spelling errors are atrocious. They even spell ECW wrong on the back of the book. This has to be one of the most poorly written books I have ever read, unless it's just the digital version that is messed up. Rie Flair, Chris Ghetti, and in one instant the term was supposed to be "I'll" and it came out as "111."

It's one of the most genuinely underrated wrestling books ever IMO. Just the level of detail alone that he got into on the fall of ECW, digging into court records to find out how much money Heyman owed to who, then the dirt on the December to Dismember debacle -- fantastic work. 

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
9 hours ago, davekool666 said:

I'm reading the Kindle edition of that Unauthorized ECW book and while it's quite good, the spelling errors are atrocious. They even spell ECW wrong on the back of the book. This has to be one of the most poorly written books I have ever read, unless it's just the digital version that is messed up. Rie Flair, Chris Ghetti, and in one instant the term was supposed to be "I'll" and it came out as "111."

It sounds like instead of posting the source document, someone scanned the book and ran it through some optical character recognition software. That's sadly common in OCRing.