DVDVR Message Board

YOUR ALL-NEW WRESTLING BOOK THREAD

OSJ

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you’ve heard of the reputation that Bonnie Steamboat achieved when Ricky was working, then Marti Funk is a more aggressive form of that kind of approach. There’s various stories out there about her demanding more money from people for Dory, or the time that the WWF bolted from Dory for OVW because Marti got pissed that a drawing of Dory showed a bald spot, and the such.

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

There was also a story that Marti was mad that a fan got something relatively rare (I think it was a trading card) signed by Dory for free, so she snatched the item and marked over Dory's autograph.

Just finished Schneider’s Way of the Blade in three sittings. I have some issues with the formatting but the writing is excellent and reminds me why I fell in love with this place over 20 years ago. I’d definitely read another volume that delved deeper into sleazy lucha…

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FINALLY finishing up the Sheik book, three months after starting it. Considering it was my "Throne Room Read" I guess that is so be expected. Probably the most in-depth wrestler biography I have read. An excellent read. 
My next throne room read will be The Iron Jawed Lady(that I saw mentioned in this thread). It's still in the Amazon envelope.

• Like 2

I just got done Justin Credibles book and I will give it 4.5/5. It's a fun and very easy read, finished the kindle book in about a week. Tells a lot of stories I had never heard before and gave insight to some I have. The only reason it didn't get 5/5 is because the last 5 or so pages talks about rehab, life after rehab, blah, blah blah, I'm not a fan of that stuff but I know why it's there, still, an excellent read highly reccommend it. Now I'm starting Brutus's book, any thoughts on it?

• Like 2