DVDVR Message Board

SDL 2/7/17 - Elimination Chamber this Sunday!

Niners Fan in CT

Basically the Uso's have to win the tag gauntlet. Ascension and Vaudes are going nowhere. Heath and Rhino are faces who just had the belts. I guess the Fashion cops could win but I doubt it. It makes sense to have heel champions on the road to 'Mania. So I assume Alpha loose it and win it back at 'Mania. Its possible Team Heath turns on Alpha to take the belts but then you have too few face teams.

My money is on an Uso win or an NXT call up/surprise seventh team, either way is cool with me.

That duel contract signing was segment of the night for me.

All four of them brought it on the mic. Both matches seem more important now after the intensity all four women displayed.

Aslo there's something so poetically wrestling about Mickie, Alexia and Becky dressed casually and Naomi coming out in her gear.

16 hours ago, Craig H said:

I just think it's amusing to see Cena's character react so coldly to Nikki getting attacked and then explain it by saying that their relationship is different. When you lead with saying your relationship is different, you typically then expect to hear that you're in an open relationship with that person. In this case, neither one cares about the other's ass getting beat..

They care about each other, but they're both professionals and full of pride and want to fight their own battles.  Cena rushing in to save Nikki from every little scrap and visa versa just tells the other person that one doesn't think the other can handle themselves..

It is also kayfabe.   If shit happened in real life, I have no problems believing that John would put someone through a wall over Nikki or that Nikki would pull someone's eye out of the socket over some bullshit about her man.

• Like 1

Cena on Talkin' Smack wasn't as bad as many made him seem to be.  He's a busy man and when scheduled for an interview he does it like a professional.  I get what he's saying about how they handle things and didn't see the issue.  The line about him checking on her at the end showed that he does care, but he had to do his job first.

The highlight of the show is a toss up between Daniel saying James Hogsworth and Renee just losing her gotdamn mind.  It was tremendous, everybody should see that.  I'm already prepared for Daniel stepping away once the baby's born, but I love him so much on this show.

• Like 1

The problem with Cena in the segment was: He didn't come off as "upset but acting cool because he is MANLY~! and stoicism" and all that John Wayne stuff.

He came off like he simply didn't care. Not getting into the real life situation (not my business). But in kayfabe, he came off as awful. 

Maybe he was trying to convey "concerned but struggling through the pain" but he failed miserably because he's a terrible actor. It is possible.

WWE Films support this theory.

13 hours ago, Matt788 said:

Basically the Uso's have to win the tag gauntlet. Ascension and Vaudes are going nowhere. Heath and Rhino are faces who just had the belts. I guess the Fashion cops could win but I doubt it. It makes sense to have heel champions on the road to 'Mania. So I assume Alpha loose it and win it back at 'Mania. Its possible Team Heath turns on Alpha to take the belts but then you have too few face teams.

My money is on an Uso win or an NXT call up/surprise seventh team, either way is cool with me.

I swear, if the Revival gets called up in a meaningless scramble match after tweeting they were too good to be called up in a meaningless scramble match, I'll never stop laughing.

The worst recurring storyline WWE runs is Triple H fighting for the McMahon family honor. Nobody wants to see someone defend the "honor" of awful people. 

Nikki is not as awful as Steph or Vince, but Cena would look like an ass crying over her getting a boo boo. Even acknowledging the relationship does not do him any favors. 

Rusev can defend Lana because Lana is terrible. So it makes Rusev more of a heel. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

That crowd was molten for Luke Harper.  Screw Wyatt v. Orton, I want Wyatt v. Harper.  Let AJ win the title back and fight Orton.  Cena can have his little mixed tag.

I think Corbin winning would be better. This way Corbin gets a one month run as champ, drops the belt to Orton at Mania and then after Orton wins his rematch we get Harper/Orton in the summer since Harper most likely gets a win this Sunday over Orton.

On 2/8/2017 at 1:03 AM, RIPPA said:

I enjoy no one being able to properly process Ascension winning 

I don't understand it, but I like it. It seems like every time I look their way, they got semi-polished in C/D-show purgatory. I'd ride that hot hand till Konnor inevitably gets canned for his third wellness policy violation. 

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic